65

The sounds of swords clashing invaded Su Yang's ears and almost completely woke him up in that instant.

He had no time to ponder where he was at the moment. Su Yang immediately felt for his thin sword that was wrapped around his waist, abruptly drew it out, thrust it over Gu Feidi's shoulder and pierced it into the man's body.

With Su Yang joining the fight, the battle situation in the room suddenly became skewed.

It was possible that Su Yang had been affected by the dream's influence. The panic and fear in his heart caused him not to hold back, his sword strikes were completely devoid of the misgivings he previously held and instead were efficient and deft.

Both were strong and joined forces to quell the enemies' numbers—of which the latter had the advantage—and after a few back and forth efforts, the assassins in the room all became silent.

At that moment, Mei Shisan pushed open the door and leaned on the frame gasping for breath: "Two escaped..."

"We don't have the manpower, it's not favourable to give chase." Gu Feidi said, "Never mind, move these people into the yard, light a fire and conduct a body search."

Mei Shisan took the order and went out to find some kindling. Su Yang and Gu Feidi worked together to drag all the assassins' bodies from the house out into the yard.

The peasant family's master room had shut their doors and windows securely. They were hiding in the house without so much as a peep as they didn't want to attract any problems.

It wasn't until a torch had been lit, that Su Yang discovered Gu Feidi was injured.

He couldn't be bothered to investigate the identities of the assassins, stepping forward instead to grab hold of Gu Feidi's wrist, "Why didn't you say anything if you were injured! Let Shisan deal with the bodies; I'll help you apply the medicine."

The also-injured Mei Shisan : ......

"It's just a surface wound, no big deal." Gu Feidi brushed Su Yang's hand away and said in a serious tone, "These people came here to kill you. It's more pressing to ascertain their identities and information source first."

Su Yang's expression was unhappy: "But your—"

Gu Feidi quickly kissed Su Yang's lips: "Be good."

Su Yang's moodiness dissipated.

A total of six assassins had been killed there. Including the two who fled, a total of eight had come to assassinate Su Yang.

The assassins' martial arts skills were not lacking, but they were obviously not the most outstanding ones from their sects and they were likely men of sacrifice, bodyguards and the like. Based on Gu Feidi's recollection, the four opponents he had exchanged blows with inside the room were obviously well-coordinated, so it was likely that they had always been operating in small squads.

Unfortunately, the full-black outfits they wore were simple in style from inside out, sans embroidered patterns, no wooden tokens and the swords they used were brand-new without any discernible hints or clues whatsoever.

Gu Feidi and Mei Shisan practically stripped the bodies down and searched them from top to bottom. Mei Shisan even smelled a few of their scents, but didn't get any useful information.

In the firelight, Su Yang bent down to squat beside a body and retrieved a small feather tucked on the inside of the man's cuff.

The feathers were jet-black and had been hidden against the material of the black cloth without being detected.

"This... ghost owl?" Gu Feidi took the feather and examined it carefully. "The totally black, stiff feathers are so small and fine. I can't think of any others apart from the ghost owl."