51

After returning to his residence on Iris Island, Su Yang, who had exhausted himself for half the night, felt his stomach rumbling with hunger and ordered Lian Jiu to prepare supper.

It was now approaching midnight and the light was still on in Gu Feidi's room. Su Yang considered for a while, then knocked on the door and asked, "Asleep?"

In a moment, Gu Feidi opened the door in his inner wear. He smiled and said, "The host here has not returned. As a guest, how can I sleep first?"

Su Yang was amused by his uptight behaviour. He reached out and grabbed Gu Feidi's wrist, "Oh, it's so late, you should also be hungry. Come and have supper with me, tomorrow I will take you out for a stroll."

Gu Feidi did not resist and let Su Yang drag him into the main house.

Late autumn nights in the Wasteland were even colder.

Su Yang ordered a fire to be lit in the silver charcoal brazier, for supper to be laid out on the bedroom table and for a pot of wine to be included. Under the cover of a thin blanket, the two of them drank and ate supper by candlelight.

Gu Feidi didn't bring up the topic of detoxification anymore. Instead, he praised the honey plum meat they had for supper and chatted with Su Yang for a long time about all kinds of food.

When it comes to paying attention to the intricacies of eating, the ancients had more elegant methods, but when it came to eating rich foods, it was naturally those from modern society, like Su Yang, who were more knowledgeable. So once they started talking about this topic, it was really hard to cover everything at once.

Gu Feidi looked at Su Yang's unusually eloquent appearance and smiled. He picked up the wine glass and took a sip of the sweet-scented osmanthus wine in it.

The wine was slightly sweet and not particularly strong, but Gu Feidi's eyes gradually blurred. Not long after, he rested his cheek on his hand and closed his eyes in a daze.

Su Yang: ...

How could that be?

In Lesser Jade House, Gu Feidi would have been drinking with Xu Yunzhan before. Why was his capacity for liquor so lacking?

Gu Feidi swayed slowly. Just as he was about to tumble face-first into the dishes in front of him, Su Yang quickly reached out to hold him.

Seeing that he was already drunk and passed out, Su Yang sighed helplessly and called the Lian Hall attendant to come in and tidy away the dishes.

He leaned over and carried Gu Feidi up horizontally in his arms. Just as he was about to send him back to the side room, the charcoal brazier near his feet suddenly made a slight crackling sound. Seeing the flames blazing, Su Yang realised that Gu Feidi's residence had not yet been lit warm. It was now late at night and the whole room would probably be freezing.

So he turned around and carried Gu Feidi directly into his bedroom.

——Anyway, his bed was big enough for two to sleep.

Gu Feidi was thoroughly drunk. Su Yang helped him wipe his face, untied his hair and even removed his clothes. He still didn't sense anything.

Su Yang was also helpless, so he washed up, climbed onto the bed, pushed Gu Feidi to the other side, lay down and went to sleep. Su Yang fell asleep quickly, his breaths light and extended due to the slight inebriation after having had a couple of drinks.

Gu Feidi slowly opened his eyes, turned to Su Yang's side and stared at his exquisite silhouette outlined by the faint candlelight coming in from the outer room.