77

Yuqiong's Divine Doctor courtyard was built on the mountainside and originally had white walls and black tiles. It's architectural style was inclined toward Lesser Jade House's, but because it was mostly covered in snow, it appeared spotlessly white everywhere.

This was clearly the summit of the Snow Mountain. A distant portion of the courtyard was leaning against the mountain cliff, but a few clusters of emerald canopies could be seen. It wasn't clear what method was used to decorate the severely cold mountain top with a little springtime.

Su Yang alighted Gu Feidi's back and tidied his luggage and clothing. Both of them walked side by side to the front and knocked on the courtyard gate.

Soon, a youth who looked like a young disciple, opened the courtyard gate and asked, "Who has come?"

Su Yang wasn't very capable in handling this type of conversation, so Gu Feidi led him to cup his fists and greet, "The son of an old friend has come to visit." After speaking, he gestured for Su Yang to hand over the flower hairpin.

"This is a token entrusted by a family elder. Appreciate if you could present it to Divine Doctor Luo."

The disciple who was responsible for guarding the entrance bore a hesitant expression when he took the hairpin. He eyed Su Yang and Gu Feidi up and down a few times and said, "Wait here first, both of you."

After that, he turned back to the courtyard and flipped the gate closed with the back of his hand.

Su Yang suddenly became a little tense.

He couldn't tell the reason for the nervousness, but he was perturbed and a little restless.

Gu Feidi held Su Yang's hand and gave him a light squeeze. Su Yang turned his head to look and saw that Gu Feidi's gaze was steadfast. He was giving him a look of encouragement.

Both his eyes seemed like pieces of stardust had dropped into obsidian, bringing with them a soothing energy.

"Don't be afraid." Gu Feidi said, "No matter what happens, I'll accompany you."

Su Yang held his hand tighter and revealed a trace of a smile: "Mmm, I know."

About an hour later, the gate of the small courtyard was silently pushed open again.

It was the young disciple who stood on the inside of the gate. He bowed to Su Yang and Gu Feidi: "Apologies, young heroes. Master said that the rules he set state that he does not cure anyone from the Jianghu, even if they are the sons of old friends. Kindly leave and seek another master."

Su Yang and Gu Feidi exchanged a look and Gu Feidi bowed and said: "This little brother, my family elder meant that this ailment can only be cured by Divine Doctor Luo. This is extremely life-threatening. Appreciate if you could convey it on our behalf."

It was inappropriate for them to disclose the matter of the blood Gu to these junior disciples. There were few people that they could speak to frankly on the matter and their ability to trust had been greatly reduced.

As expected, when the disciple heard the words, he looked down and revealed a courteous but utterly dismissive smile: "Apologies, young heroes. Master said he's unwilling to see you. Thus, he will not see you."

Neither Gu Feidi nor Su Yang had much experience in begging others for help. For a while, they were unsure of what to do after being turned down twice like this.

The doorkeeper disciple's disposition was rather good. Seeing that they were helpless and at a loss, he softened his tone and said, "Despite being known as the Divine Doctor, there actually are many good doctors in the village at the foot of the mountain who have received Master's guidance. Since you have crossed the line with Master, it's better that you leave earlier and seek treatment from a famous doctor, so as not to hinder the patient's condition."