75

Yulian Mountain was located in the southwest of the Central Plains. The climate there was mild. Although there were four seasons, the winters weren't brutally cold. At that time, it was late autumn and the forests at the foot of the mountain were still lush and green.

However, Yulian Mountain was endless and its peaks pierced into the clouds. The higher you went, the more you could feel the extreme cold drawing nearer.

In addition, Yuqiong Peak was the most unsurpassably wondrous existence in Yulian Mountain.

The top of Yuqiong Peak was permanently covered with snow. From a distance, it looked pure-white and flawless, haughty and aloof like a goddess of the nine heavens.

This mountain was extremely precipitous, with huge boulders in its forests and craggily cliffs all around. Most of the trees were struggling to wind upwards from the cracks in the mountain wall. Once you climb higher, fewer trees could be seen. There was only a smattering of weak grass, vines and shrubs attached to the rocks.

Fortunately and possibly to facilitate the Divine Doctor's travels, wood and square stone slabs had been used to build a narrow mountain road winding upward along the slope of the mountain. The steepest places even had iron ropes embedded in the rocks to secure them.

At that moment, both climbers were proficient in martial arts and light footwork. This rugged mountain trail wasn't too difficult to traverse.

However, the higher they went, the lower the temperature became. Shallow grey frost soon began to appear on the surfaces of the surrounding rocks, shrubs and twigs.

Su Yang stopped walking. He reached out for support from a rock next to him as he panted slightly.

Employing light footwork required him to manoeuvre his internal strength. However, in this short distance, his internal strength had prompted the Cold Pond Ice Spirit to make a mess within his body, causing him to feel cold all over.

His hand that was on the rock could no longer sense the temperature difference between the rock and his skin. He could only feel the chilly air penetrating his bone marrows, one by one, piercing straight from the end of his spine all the way to the top of his head.

Gu Feidi turned around to hold Su Yang's hand in his palm. He frowned, "Cold?"

Su Yang nodded: "It's a bit cold, I'll rest for a while before continuing."

Gu Feidi transferred over some internal strength from the palm of his hand with a worried expression on his face.

Su Yang stretched out his hand and poked the space between Gu Feidi's eyebrows with a smile: "I'm alright. It's just that my internal strength is too cold. The temperature here is low to begin with, so it would have an effect."

"We should've brought the cloak and headband you used when you disguised as a woman." Gu Feidi said, "Although the rabbit fur is light and thin, it can still retain some warmth."

Su Yang smiled, "I'm thinking, you still can't forget what I looked like then?"

Gu Feidi couldn't help laughing and shook his head.

After resting for a quarter of an hour, the two set off again holding hands and never letting go.

Gu Feidi's warm internal strength helped Su Yang alleviate a lot of the chill in his body, so he was able to make himself alert and continue climbing behind Gu Feidi.

The mountain climate was guided by the wind.

The wind rose, the clouds surged. Unknowingly, a large, dark, dense cloud had accumulated.