66

The horse-drawn carriage exited from the town's south entrance and onto the wide and level public road.

It wasn't until dusk that they entered another township. The thriving environment of the Central Plains gradually became more apparent around them.

Mei Shisan brought Gu Feidi and Su Yang to the inn and drove the carriage away. He located the market and sold the carriage, led the horse back to the inn and obtained a guest room for himself.

It wasn't convenient for Su Yang to go downstairs and eat. Gu Feidi instructed Mei Shisan to constantly take note of any movement from the next room and he went to the lobby to inquire on the news.

The rumour that the Devil Sect's Young Saint accompanied by two flower aides were travelling within the Central Plains in disguises was still spreading. Eventually, word appeared that instigated the Central Plains martial artists to catch the Devil Sect demons and interrogate them on the whereabouts of Young Pavilion Master Gu.

A round-faced warrior sitting opposite Gu Feidi gave a snort and said to Gu Feidi: "We don't know where these rumours come from; they think of something and there it is!"

He lowered his voice and said in a serious tone: "That Devil Sect's Su Yang just captured Young Hero Gu into the Devil Sect. At this moment, all he can think of is how to tame Young Hero Gu's body, where would he have time to run about the Central Plains!"

Gu Feidi: ......

Before Gu Feidi could speak, a huge bearded martial artist at the side smacked the table and pointed at the round-faced youth, "Hey! You fella, dare question Wujiangmen's news that was difficult to obtain! Is it possible that you're a spy the Devil Sect has planted in the Central Plains?!"

As soon as this was said, everyone in the hall began casting doubtful looks at the round-faced youth.

The youth's face immediately turned bright red and said indignantly: "How can you simply slander people!"

The people around said: "Then do you have a wooden token to prove your identity? If you can show us, then we'll believe you!"

The round-faced young martial artist hemmed and hawed for a moment, then retrieved a wooden token from within the folds of his lapels and flung it onto the table.

"I am a member of Qinglian Sect's Left Upper Hall; not a Devil Sect spy. Can you see it now?" He straightened his neck. "Qinglian Sect's Left Upper Hall elder the master of Wujiangmen are old acquaintances. All the martial arts circles know this!"

As soon as the Qinglian Sect's token was revealed, a voice full of disdain and contempt called out:

"Isn't Qinglian Sect on friendly terms with the Devil Sect?"

"Hai, you're the ignorant one. The Qinglian Sect aren't as friendly with the Devil Sect as they appear to be, but they keep currying favour and have self-proclaimed as being on talking terms the Devil Sect, that's all. They can't rise above Tengyun Pavilion and Qianfeng Villa. I heard that the daughter from the Huo family married into the Qianfeng Villa, so they have formed an alliance with the Huo family. The Master Xu of the Wujiangmen does indeed know Qinglian Sect's Left Upper Hall elder. As for what their actual relationship is, that's hard to say..."

"Yes, in fact Qinglian Sect is actually not close to any sect. They're merely fence-sitters, but now they think very highly of themselves."

"You're all unaware. Word is that the second son of Qinglian Sect had been hanging around Tengyun Pavilion's youngest female disciple of late. It seems like he wants to emulate the Huo family and join their families in marriage but he should take a look in the mirror. Where's the possibility that Tengyun Pavilion would even consider Qinglian Sect?"