Chapter 1 |Omega|

•C h a p t e r   o n e•

C h a p t e r o n e•

-O m e g a-

------

┏━━━ ━━━┓
Third person
┗━━━ ━━━┛

"Sweetheart, I'm really pleased that you want to spend a lot of time with me, but you should go to school tomorrow," Grandma steps between the doors of Mia's room where she's settled in. "I only left you at home for a few days to get used to it here, but you have to go to school."

"But, Grandma, I'd like to get to know you more," she makes a pleading face, but she knows it won't work.

"We can do that anyway," she walks into the room and sits next to me on the bed. "Do you know you missed the prom?"

The younger girl shrugs. "I don't really care about these things," she admits, thinking. She said this as a fact and not so that her grandmother would start to oppose her, saying it was not true.

"You're a very pretty girl," Grandma puts the hand on her knee and she looks away at the ground. "You shouldn't underestimate yourself-"

"But that's not the case. I don't do that."

"Do you know what I would give to be sixteen again?" she smiles, and her dark brown hair, with grey strands shining through, falls into her face. She has a lot of wrinkles around her mouth caused by her laughter.

"It wasn't that long ago, was it?"

"Good attempt. But you go to school anyway," she laughs and gets up. Her beige bathrobe straightens on her legs again. "Why was it suddenly in such a hurry?"

"What do you think?" Mia swallows, pulling her knees to her chest. She's wearing shorts and a pulled-out T-shirt.

"You were supposed to move in here when you got into the junior year, but in the end it was now. Why?"

She remembers the moment when her Alpha tried to kill her and probably killed her friend who became a werewolf like Mia. She couldn't find her anywhere, so she just left. She really didn't want to risk him coming back and finishing what he started. Maybe she's a coward, maybe she's not. "I wanted to move away from my parents," Mia says, but when she thinks about it, it's not such a huge lie. "And most of all, I couldn't stand it with the Aunt Della."

"I get it," Grandma puts her hand on the girl's shoulder. "You know, I love your mom and your aunt. After all, they're my daughters, but both as a mother they're horrible," she wrinkles her forehead. "Your mom and father are pretty selfish, but it has its positives, right? At least we can get to know each other when we haven't seen each other for so long."