Chapter 7 |Test|

Stiles watches his dad in disbelief, standing in front of the principal's office and talking angrily about how his job keeps getting complicated

Stiles watches his dad in disbelief, standing in front of the principal's office and talking angrily about how his job keeps getting complicated. "So Jackson finally confessed that he didn't see Isaac arguing with his father the night Lahey was killed."

He opens his mouth, because it just dawns on him what his father means. "So Isaac's no longer a suspect?"

He shakes his head. "No, so-"

He pulls up his backpack and sighs. "Dad, I'll see you at home, okay? I have to run to class immediately."

The sheriff looks at his son, who runs away as if someone is trying to kill him. He better not say anything and turns to leave, because he needs to find out who killed Isaac's father.

Mia looks at Scott and laughs at what he just said. But her laughter dies on her lips when the familiar werewolf walks into the room with a smirk on his face. "You can talk further. I hope you don't mind me being here."

He sits in the desk on her left hand and rests his back on a chair. Mia frowns. "Actually, you're bothering me here," she snorts, exchanging glances with Scott, "a lot."

"You weren't this mean to me the last time we talked."

"Because back then you weren't a werewolf who had an ego more than half this class combined," Mia rolls her eyes and ignores the other words coming out of his mouth.

Stiles runs into the classroom and throws his backpack on the desk. He takes a deep breath and gives Scott a serious look. "Dude, I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson, and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news..."

Scott gulps. "I think I already know."

Isaac smirks and stares ahead. Mia's expression turns to a frown again. "Yeah, Sunshine himself here hasn't forgotten to sit a long way from us."

"Oh, come on, Mia, you're glad I'm here."

"I doubt it," she mutters under her nose, and she's very glad to hear a bell clearly announcing that it's the start of the class.

All the while, she tries to ignore Isaac, who irritates her just by being here and smiling knowing that his presence is driving her crazy.

The end of class comes pretty quickly, and all three of them walk out of class. Stiles points to his phone. "All right. I only found one thing online called a Kanima-- it's a Werejaguar from South America that goes after murderers."

"That sounds really amazing," Mia sighs. "And, most importantly, contrived."

"Then try looking yourself up about something the Internet hardly knows at all," Stiles groans with annoyance, and puts the phone back in his pocket.

"That thing was not a jaguar," Scott adds, glancing at the two.

"Yeah, and I'm not exactly a murderer. I doubt Mia tried to bite someone's head off. Even though she looks pretty good about it," Stiles grumbles under his nose, not really understanding why he keeps trying to piss off Mia. And why he keeps poking at her.