Chapter 4 |Last werewolf|

•C h a p t e r   f o u r•

C h a p t e r f o u r•

-L a s t w e r e w o l f-

------

Mia stands among the students and watches Scott, who is currently falling from a climbing wall, because Allison tripped him up. You can hear the sound of a rope in the gym, assuring him to stop before he falls.

The coach stops in front of his player and laughs at the top of his voice. "McCall, I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy... Right?" he rises from the crouch and turns to face his other students, as Allison has already returned downstairs. "All right, next two! Stilinski, Allen, let's go! The wall."

She pushes herself forward among the students and straps lifelines to her body. They begin to climb the wall together, moving cautiously higher. "Scott mentioned to me what he saw at Isaac's house."

"You mean a giant lizard with an even bigger tail? Yeah, I'm aware of that, too," Stiles nods sarcastically, careful not to let his fingers slide down. "I'm getting tired of the supernatural."

"Your best friend is a werewolf, his girlfriend is a werewolf hunter, and her best friend is immune from bites. You'll never get rid of this one," Mia says earnestly, accelerating to the top as quickly as possible.

"What? What do you mean 'his girlfriend'?"

"What? I can't hear your excuses up here," she calls loudly, so he can hear her, too, and then waits for him on purpose. She turns her eyes to his look when he's trying to play dumb. "They may want to fool Allison's whole family, but I'm not that stupid."

Stiles just looks at the girl with her dark hair pulled back in a sloppy braid for a moment and blinks as if remembering something. "Thanks for what you did at the police station. I didn't get a chance to tell you."

"It's all right," she takes a few steps up again, wondering why they're not at the top yet. "Does that mean you believe me now? When I saved your life?"

He laughs as if it's the funniest thing he's ever heard. "Why would you want that? Do you want to join our lycanthropic circle? I thought you didn't want to get involved and you'd rather be sidelined."

"Since there's a 2-foot lizard running around, I don't have a choice, do you think?" she raises an eyebrow. "And don't say you don't need my help."

"I guess so," he admits quietly. "Do you have a tail?"

She frowns. "One: Why the hell would I have a tail? Scott doesn't have it either. And two: I don't know how well you're good with girls, but if you're asking them something like that, that's sad."

"I was just wondering. What if it just hasn't grown yet?"

"The tail won't grow," she exhales in annoyance, not in the mood to answer these strange questions.