Chapter 19 |Only you|

"Scott, I've tried anything, but it feels like she's in some kind of shock," Stiles said, looking anxiously at Mia, who is sitting motionless in Scott's couch, staring at her hands

"Scott, I've tried anything, but it feels like she's in some kind of shock," Stiles said, looking anxiously at Mia, who is sitting motionless in Scott's couch, staring at her hands. "Please do something with her."

"Like what?" Scott looks at his best friend.

"You're kind of like her Alpha. She sees you as an Alpha, even if you really aren't one," Stiles begins moving his arms in the air and sighs. "Scott, please."

He nods and walks slowly over to Mia, who doesn't look up at him, but flinches away from him when he tries to touch her.

"Stiles?" she whispers softly, then reaches out to him.

Stiles can see the suppressed tears in her eyes. "I'm here." He sits beside her and gives her a careful hug. She clings to his side, then casts a glance at Scott. For a moment, Stiles feels as if he is actually helping her with his own presence, and he almost smiles with happiness at the fact.

She pulls away from him after a while, but tangles her fingers with him, because his touch calms her in a strange way. "He's back, Scott."

He raises his eyebrows and frowns. Stiles didn't quite explain what had happened to her. "What do you mean, exactly?"

She wants to answer, but a door opens that Lydia, Allison, and Isaac rush into. The girls jump onto the couch so that each side is next to Mia. Stiles has to move or Allison would sit on him without question. He lets go of her hand and stands on the ground next to Isaac and Scott.

"What happened?" Isaac asks as he watches Allison and Lydia comfort Mia in an embrace.

"Did Mia ever tell you about the Alpha, and why she came to Beacon Hills in the first place?" Stiles whispers, but knows Mia can hear him anyway.

"I heard something."

"He's back," Scott finally runs out of the words Mia has said more than once. "What was his name again-?"

"Zachary," Mia rises to her feet and brushes off her clothes. Suddenly her expression lacks any emotion, and Stiles doesn't like this Mia who's locked up her emotions. "His name is Zachary."

"What could he possibly want here?" Lydia asks, though she knows what he might be doing here.

"Why is he here?" Allison exchanges a worried look with Scott.

If Mia's scared or any such emotion, she's not showing it. It's like she's built a wall between her feelings and the outside world. "Why is he here? That's a simple question, guys. He wants to kill me. In fact, theoretically, I should have been dead for more than six months."

Isaac shakes his head. "He didn't kill you then, why would he kill you now?"

"Why not? There's no reason for me to be alive. Does he care about the life of some-"