Chapter 6 |Kanima|

•C h a p t e r   s i x•

C h a p t e r s i x•

-K a n i m a-

------

Mia runs down the field in a lacrosse team jersey. She's watching Scott, who's walking toward her right now. "Do you have any more advice?"

"As a team captain or as a werewolf?"

"I don't think I need one," she replies with a confident smile. "After all, I've been a werewolf longer than you."

They both pause as the whistle sounds to start the game. It doesn't take that long for one of the players from the opposite team to knock a player from Scott's team to the ground. Mia stops breathing when she sees what kind of giant he is.

"Come on, is that thing even a teenager? I wanna see a birth certificate!" Coach calls out in disbelief as he tries to scramble his player off the ground and onto his feet. He sits on the bench next to Stiles and points his finger at the field. "Who or what is that genetic experiment gone wrong?"

He rubs his face because he wouldn't want to be knocked down by someone like that. Thank God he's always on the bench. "Eddie Abramovitz, Coach. They call him 'The Abomination'."

He smiles wryly. "Oh, that's cute."

Scott and Mia stand shoulder to shoulder as they silently watch Gerard, with Allison also seated.

Hopefully she can get his keys. Somehow she has to take her coat from him to get the keys from it, which she then hands to Stiles.

Jackson runs up to them and casts a glance at Mia because she's constantly hanging near Scott today. "You're just like him, aren't you? No normal person could be friends with them that quickly," he accuses her, and at the same time he's angry because that's someone else who's a werewolf, while he's still human.

"Do you have to speak so loudly?" she punches him in the shoulder and watches as rescuers carry away one of their players, who was tackled by Eddie Abramovitz.

"McCall, what the hell are you waiting for? This is the semi-finals! Bring that 'roid-head into the ground!" Jackson charges him as soon as he remembers why he came here. "Or Allen."

"Yeah, right, because every girl takes off a giant slightly twice her size," she rolls her eyes at his stupidity.

Scott points a finger at himself. "Me? You're the one who said that I was a cheater!"

He shakes his head because he's completely uninterested in Scott's excuses. "And that freak of nature being on the field is fair? You two, do something!"