Chapter 16 |Discipline issues|

Mia is sitting in Ms

Mia is sitting in Ms. Marin's office and she has to talk to her about Matt, who was found drowned in a creek. For a while they thought it might be the end, but unfortunately none of them continue to feel that way.

"What else can I tell you?" Mia demurs because she wants to go. "I didn't even know that boy very well. Just since I moved in here and I still haven't had a lot of words with him. I don't understand why we have to deal with this here."

"Don't you think it's better if you share your feelings with someone?" she leans forward and rests his elbows on a wooden table.

"Not when it comes to Matt. I'm not sorry about what happened to him," Mia shrugs and looks at her fingernails. After everything Matt has done, she's really sure she doesn't feel sorry for Matt. "And I don't think I'm the only one who told you that today."

"Who are you referring to now?" Ms. Marin looks quizzically at the girl in front of her, even though she knows exactly who she's talking about.

"Stiles feels exactly the same about Matt as I do. Why should I feel sorry for someone who killed people?"

"Can you feel sorry for the nine-year-old Matt who drowned?" she tilts her head to one side, observing whatever reaction is in Mia's face.

Mia snorts. "Yes, maybe for a nine-year-old, but what happened to him didn't give him the right to go and kill people. Once a girl in kindergarten threw me off a slide and I was unconscious for three hours, subsequently my leg was broken. I didn't go and kill her after that, either," she shrugs, not liking the comparisons between her and Matt. "And I mustn't forget the way he stalked Allison, either. No matter how much anyone hurt him, that's what Matt had in him," she leans back in the chair and begins to fiddle nervously with her fingers.

"What about at your house?"

She closes her eyes for a moment, remembering several memories from the past few days. But only one is playing Mia right in front of your eyes now.

"Grandma, please, we need to talk about what you saw at the police station," Mia went quickly to her grandmother, who didn't slow down one bit.

Sally shook her head and smiled slowly. "I didn't see anything there except the sick boy threatening us with a gun," she went into the kitchen and bent down to get a pot. For some reason, she refused to talk to Mia about what she had seen, and her granddaughter was deeply troubled.

"Please, we can't keep pretending you haven't seen what I've become," Mia said helplessly, thinking at that moment that her grandmother was just afraid of her and would rather pretend she hadn't seen anything than learn the real truth.

"I didn't see anything," she replied firmly, and put the water on the stove. "There'll be spaghetti for dinner."

Mia lowered her head to the ground and sighed sadly, knowing he wouldn't talk to her about it. And she was afraid of what she would do if she suddenly blurted out that she is a werewolf. Maybe she'd hit her with the pot. "I'll skip dinner," she shrugged, and started walking out of the kitchen. "I'll be at Stiles' tonight if you change your mind and decide to listen to what I have to say to explain everything."