Chapter 10 |Master|

Mia quickly puts on a black skirt, a white tank top, which she tucks in and finally a black leather jacket

Mia quickly puts on a black skirt, a white tank top, which she tucks in and finally a black leather jacket. She doesn't give a damn about makeup these days because she's already running out of time. She rushes down to the kitchen and is startled to hear a soft mewling sound. "Uh, Grandma? Why is it a kitten here?"

Sally comes into the kitchen and notices Mia staring at the little kitten and the kitten back at Mia. "Mrs. Montgomery has new kittens, and I arranged to take one from her."

Mia nods slowly because she understands that when she spends most of her time at home, she wants some other animal besides a budgie. "And what's its name?"

"Luna."

"Like a moon?" Mia's brow furrows because she doesn't want to start laughing at the irony of a werewolf standing in the kitchen and her cat's name being like the moon.

"Yeah."

"Have you heard from Mom or Dad?" she takes the apple in her hand and bites it.

"They probably just forgot or their phones broke," her grandmother looks at the kitten so she doesn't have to mercifully lie to her granddaughter in the eyes. "Or-"

"That's okay. Not that they ever cared about me and actually loved me sometimes," she shrugs, adjusting the tapes on her shoes.

"I'm so sorry, Mia," she puts the hand on her shoulder and squeezes it soothingly, not happy to see his granddaughter sad.

"Anyway, I've got to run to school or I won't make it."

"Just go and don't forget that dinner tonight, when Sheila and her kids are coming, okay?"

"Don't worry, I don't have to do any more projects with Stiles and Scott today." Mia lifts the pack onto her back and turns toward the door. "I'll see you tonight, then."

Grandma watches her back and sighs. "Love you."

Mia heard it, but she doesn't turn around and come out instead. After all, she shouldn't have to hear it, because her grandmother doesn't know she has better hearing.

She gets in the car and pulls out of the driveway. She hasn't seen Stiles, and neither has Scott, since they picked up the prison transport in which Jackson was imprisoned. Surely one of them must have stayed there with him.

She turns left at the traffic lights and begins to wonder why Stiles keeps annoying her and why he's getting under her skin. She doesn't like him. That's impossible. How could she like someone so sarcastic and annoying? No, that's certainly not the case.

She parks in the parking lot and notices a familiar person climbing down the bike. She quickly runs out of the car and runs after Scott, who spots her. "Hey, is it a good idea that you just left Jackson with Stiles?"

"Hey." They are heading towards the school. "He's handcuffed and Stiles is trying to explain the situation to him," he opens the door and lets the girl through.