Chapter 11 |Detention|

Mia sits on Allison's bed, following the girl who is currently talking to Scott and Stiles over the phone

She came running as soon as Lydia left her house and climbed in the window to tell Allison. It was quite an adrenaline rush given that her whole family is strongly opposed to werewolves.

"If Jackson doesn't know what he's doing, then he probably doesn't know someone's controlling him," Allison muses, leaning her back on the table.

"Or he doesn't remember," Scott says on the phone, and Mia picks up and walks over to the girl so she can be heard on the phone.

"What if it's the same kind of thing that happened with Lydia when she took off from the hospital?" Stiles thinks.

"A fugue state?" Allison fills it in.

"He'd have to forget everything. The murder-"

Allison interrupts Scott. "Getting rid of the blood-"

"Why did he do it anyway?" Mia looks at the phone as if she might see the two of them there.

Stiles sighs. "Yeah, he had help with one thing, though-- the video. And someone else helped him forget that."

"Whoever's controlling him."

Allison frowns. "Are you sure Jackson has no clue about any of this?"

Mia shrugs. "Jackson, of all people, strikes me as someone capable of murder."

"He thinks he's still becoming a Werewolf and that being with Lydia somehow delayed the whole thing." It's clear from Scott's voice that he doesn't believe Jackson knew about it.

"So, do we try and convince him he's not?" Allison seems quite confused.

"If it helps us find out who's controlling him, then yeah."

"Scott, have you ever convinced people of anything that's completely bizarre?" Mia raises an eyebrow. "Because it usually turns out the way it did with you two. With Police."

"Don't worry about us, Mia. We've got it totally under control," Stiles's voice says over the phone.

"That's what I'm afraid of."

"Do you think he'll talk to us after what we did?" Allison speaks with a little skepticism, because after all, it wasn't exactly a small thing they did.

"Yeah, it's us! He'll talk to us, right?" Scott looks up at Stiles and almost waves his hand as if it's no big deal.

"Scott, you know this is a kidnapping, right? You can go to jail for that, too, and you can't really help anyone with Kanima problems from there."

"Mia, why are you so skeptical?"

"Because, Stiles, I'm not naive."

"Maybe not, but you're the luckiest of us because for some reason he didn't mention you. Either he doesn't remember you punching him or he just hates us more."