Chapter 17 |So worry about you|

Mia shifts nervously from place to place because still no one has figured out Stiles' whereabouts

Mia shifts nervously from place to place because still no one has figured out Stiles' whereabouts. For a moment, she thought he might have just slipped away, but he would have shown that by now.

Sheriff pulls his phone away from his ear and sighs. "I got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson. I've got an APB out on Stiles. His jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means - the hell, I don't know what that means."

"Maybe he went somewhere to celebrate a win," she shrugs, but she doesn't believe it herself.

Isaac puts his hand on Mia's shoulder to calm her down, though he knows it probably won't help anyway.

Sheriff is about to leave to go around to places Stiles could potentially go. "Um, look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if either one of you see him-"

"We'll call you," Isaac says pleasantly and seriously, because then they'll go looking for Stiles.

Scott looks sadly at his best friend's father. "Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him."

"Yeah... I'll see you, okay?" Sheriff walks away and heads off in search of his son.

Mia is already planning to yank the door off the locker so she can grab something that has Stiles' scent on it, but Isaac quickly stops her. "What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm trying to find Stiles, what about you?" she pushes his hand away from her and tries to rip it out again, but Isaac stands in front of the locker. "Get out of the way."

"No."

"Move or I'll hit you."

"No, you don't. Not in front of so many people- ow!"
he yelps as Mia punches him in the stomach. "What the hell was that for?"

"Don't underestimate me and get your ass out of the way so I can open that fucking-"

"Lahey, Allen, I have no idea what you two are doing together, but I'm too sober for that," Coach says, raising his hands in the air and pointing at the door. "Finish it at home!"

"What-" both blurt out but he doesn't listen to them.

"McCall," Coach comes up to them, interrupting Mia's attempt to break the locker. "We need you on the team, okay? You know I can't put you on the field next season if you don't get your grades up."

She leans against the locker beside Isaac and tries not to panic at the thought of what's happening.

"Yeah, I know, coach."

Coach nods. "All right. I mean, I - I know I yell a lot, but it's not like I hate you guys. Well, I kind of hate Greenberg, but, you know, that's different. It's Greenberg."

"That's right. He's an absolute idiot," Mia folds her arms across her chest in annoyance.

"Yeah, that's right, Allen," he shrugs. "I'm just saying we - I need you on the team. Get your grades back up."