Chapter 3 |Dead silence|

•C h a p t e r   t h r e e•

C h a p t e r t h r e e•

-D e a d s i l e n c e-

------

Mia and Stiles are coming out of school while they're trying to turn on their phones, which Harris forced them to turn off. It's the least he wanted them to do, because they had to write an essay about what they liked most about chemistry. They had to lie to meet all his demands.

Stiles' phone immediately starts ringing, as Allison tries to call him for the third time. He picks up the call while they're walking to his car. "Hey, sorry, Harris literally just let us out of detention-- literally-- and he had our phones the whole frickin' time."

Allison frowns at the phone and checks that the door in her room is closed. "Well, we need to do something right now. They were asking me all these questions about Lydia and how she was bitten by Peter, and then they sent this guy out..."

It doesn't even need to be on speaker phone for Mia to hear. One of the perks of being a werewolf. "A guy?" Mia asks Stiles, who just shrugs because he has no idea himself.

"Is Mia there with you?"

"She wants to help with Isaac."

"That may come in handy."

"What do you mean? And wait, what guy?"

Allison recalls a man who was there a moment ago. "He was dressed as a Sheriff's deputy."

They exchange glances and get into a blue Jeep together. "They're sending him to the station for Isaac."

"He was also carrying this box with something on it. Like, um, like, a carving or something..."

"What was it?" Stiles starts the car to get to the police station behind Isaac as soon as possible. After all, it's a full moon.

"How does it look?" Mia leans over to Stiles so Allison can understand her much better. He looks at how close she is to him. Not that he was uncomfortable, on the contrary. There's something about this girl with the long brown hair and brown eyes that he likes.

"Hold on, hold on.. It's in one of these books," Allison opens the book and starts scrolling to the side, where she's seen the same plant as she did down in the living room. "I'm taking a picture," she takes a picture of it and sends it to him. "Did you get it?"

He clicks on a photo that expands across the entire display. They both know immediately what it is. Mia shakes her head because it only means one thing. "Of course they want to do it."

"Yeah. Wolfsbane," Stiles puts the phone back to his ear.

"What does that mean?"

"They want to get rid of him," Mia leans back in her seat, she was hoping they'll simply come for Isaac and somehow miraculously get him out without having to deal with the hunters' problems.