Chapter 13 |Rave|

"Why are you wearing this pretty dress and that leather jacket?" Sally looks at her granddaughter, who is looking at herself in the mirror

"Um, well, I'm going out," she says evasively, not wanting to explain exactly where she's going. And not really what he wants to do there. After all, how could she explain it to her grandmother?

She follows her niece as she rushes downstairs. "Is it a date? With whom?"

Mia looks at her in surprise. "Date? How could you think of that?" she opens the door that Stiles now wanted to knock on.

"I really have no idea," she smiles, amused.

"Bad timing?" Stiles looks around between them and is completely confused because it is clear that he lacks context.

"Bad timing," Mia nods, because now her grandmother thinks she's going out with him. "It's really not a date," she groans in annoyance, putting her hair over the shoulders.

Stiles watches her movements and didn't miss how pretty she looks now. She's wearing slight makeup, but he's noticed it anyway, since it's not normally on Mia's face. He blinks when he realizes what she's just said. "What date? You have a date with someone?"

"Uh, I don't, oh my God," Mia puts her face in her hands. "Please, can we leave this subject at last?"

Sally watches her granddaughter, who avoids the subject so much that she just keeps from laughing. "Okay, I'm not saying anything anymore."

"We've got to go now," Mia says, giving her grandmother a quick hug. "I'll be back later tonight!"

She waves them away from the door as Mia follows him to the car. "Enjoy your evening!"

Mia sits in the car and, to her surprise, all the way through Stiles is completely silent, which is a no-brainer. For he can never shut up for at least three minutes.

Even if Scott gets in the car, he won't tell him anything except 'hey'. And that's starting to worry Mia a lot, because non-talking Stiles is like eating without food. It just doesn't work for some reason.

She can tell something's bothering him, but she prefers not to ask. She doesn't know if he'd tell her to go to hell.

Stiles parks and climbs quietly out of the car. He constantly has to think that his father quit his job because of him and handed in his badge along with his gun.

Scott looks at his best friend. "You okay?"

Stiles doesn't even look up from the ground. "Yeah, why?"

"You just didn't say anything the whole way here..."

Mia nods. "Yeah, that's way too weird. Normally you can say so much, that's maybe half of what a person says in an average day."

"I think you're glad of it," Stiles mutters softly, not realizing that Mia has super-hearing.

"Not really," she replies, watching the boy look at her silently as if he were thinking about something.