Chapter 15 |Police station|

Mia, Stiles and Scott spent at least half an hour marking the yearbook and figuring out the unsupernatural reason why Matt killed all the people and how he could have done it all

Let's just say they probably haven't been able to do that very well.

Sheriff Stilinski looks at the yearbook, where there's an incredible amount of red paint and it looks like it's a coloring book, and he can't believe it. "So, this kid's the real killer?"

"Yeah," Stiles nods and looks at his dad.

"No," he says, shaking his head and taking a step back from all the teenagers.

"Yes!" Stiles yelps in disbelief because his father doesn't trust him.

"No."

Stiles picks himself up and takes a step toward his father. "Dad, come on! Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So, all he had to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common."

The sheriff rests his hands on his chest. "Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter, Kara, wasn't in Harris' class."

Scott and Mia exchange glances because they both know it's 100% Matt. But how are they supposed to convince the sheriff of that?

Stiles snorts, and it's clear that everything he says now will be full of sarcasm. "All right. Okay, you're right. Sorry. Then, I guess they dropped the charges against him?"

Iritatively, he looks at his son. "No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But, that doesn't prove anything." Stiles takes a breath to say something, but Noah Stilinski silences him with a wave of his hand. "Scott, Mia, do you believe this?"

"Oh," Stiles turns, offended, to the two werewolves, who were just listening the whole time, hoping to simply talk his father down.

Scott looks nervously at the ground and then back. "It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us. We know it's Matt."

"That's right," Mia nods. "Matt killed everybody. I can swear to you."

"Yeah, he took Harris' car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris' class, that they'd arrest him," Stiles explains, trying to get his father to trust him.

The sheriff looks like he's pondering it for a while and then wants to dismiss it, but finally shrugs. "All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility. But give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles squeals dramatically. "Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in, like, six years!" He sighs as he sees his father's expression before him. "Okay, we don't have a theme yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?"