Talk

《《 Martina's POV 》》

"Alessandrrrrro" I said enjoying how it rolls off my tongue, "Martina" he says nodding as he says it something about the way my name sounds when he says it. "What I just like your name, its nice to say " I shrug still looking down and hiding my face with my hair trying to hide my flaws. More importantly trying to hide the scar on my head.

I finished his face and as soon as I  was about to stand up to get bandages his hands grabbed my hips pulling me back down on his lap. He took his finger and lifted my face. He ran his thumb on the side of my face where I  had a scar running down that was very hard to see because it was in my hairline. You'd have to take a very good look at me to see it. I don't know how he saw that but I don't want him to touch it, it makes me get unreasonably emotional.

I grabbed his wrist and pulled his hand away angrily, "don't touch" I whisper angrily and his eyes widen in shock. I stand up and run a hand through my hair and I walk to the cupboard to get the bandages. "Martina...how did you get that?" I heard a voice say and I turn around to see Alessandro standing there with the usual judgmental cold frown on his face. Only this time he was angry.

"I-I don't want to talk about it" I say walking past but he steps in my direction  blocking me. "I said I don't want to talk about it" my voice was now like a breath just below a whisper. He cupped my face and I could see him and he was angry. "Answer me!" He demanded and I  flinch remembering that he could  kill me if he wanted to. "It was from me falling off of my bike when I was 8" I say with my head down. "You're lying" he says. Who the hell is he God?, how does he know? "Please, I don't want to talk about it Alessandro it makes me sick" I said running a hand through my hair and tilting my head back trying to bite back tears.

He nods and sits on one of the coaches. I began wrapping a bandage around his stomach his abs flexing every time he takes in a breath. "Who lives here, looks like a Man Cave?" he asks breaking the awkward silence that had overcome us after the whole scar discussion. "I live here with my bestfriend Noah, he owns the place though,  he lets me live rent free" I say and his jaw clenched.

"Your bestfriend Noah, it's a guy" he asks venom in his tone. "Yeah its a guy" I reply wandering why he got so worked up. "Why does he let you stay here rent free" he asks giving me a questionable look. "Because he's my bestfriend" I say finishing up wrapping his torso. "Why aren't you out doing normal stuff people your age do at this time, like I don't know, partying?" He asked.

"I choose to do something more meaningful with my time I guess. I want to be a doctor you know, and  I always volunteer to be an intern any chance I get so I know how things go, I can do things doctors can do but I don't have a degree yet because I am only 18 but I will get there eventually and make money and get my own place to stay" I said realizing I was ranting on about my future plans to someone who probably doesn't care.

"Really you can do things doctors do?" He asked intrigued to my suprise. "Yeah, so how about you. What do you do?" I questioned stitching his lip. "Uhm... its complicated but lets just say I own  a large company" he said and it sounded all muffled because of his busted and swollen lip.  "Thats cool" I said cleaning the blood on his cheek. "Do you have any family?" he blurted out. "Uhm...No actually. My parents died in a car accident" I decided to open up.

"That's where you got the scar didn't you" he said  he lifted his hand and gently caressed my   scar and I flinched, I whipped my head away from his touch. He took his hands away and let out a sigh. I  looked up at him and his face softened ever so slightly. "Do you love the life you're living?" He questioned raising an eyebrow. "No, I  don't" I  sighed sitting next to him. "Neither do I" he sighed as well.

He looked at his watch, his Rolex to be more specific and mumbled something in Spanish. Yet again it was all muffled due to his lip. "When is your bestfriend coming back?" He questioned after a while of silence. "In the next couple of months" I  replied before I lay on my side on the sofa. I   then realized that  this would mean my head would have to rest on his lap.

"It's ok you can rest." He said  leaning back against the sofa. I placed my head on his lap and shut my eyes. He began stroking my hair and humming. He was in deep thought and he stroked my scar but I felt safe somehow. "Would you ever consider being a personal doctor" he said stroking my hair. " Yeah maybe sounds good" I  replied. "So are you going to kill me" I questioned worried that I'm  befriending a bad man. He kept quiet and I  tensed up when he didn't  answer.

"Martina you're  a very smart girl I know you are, I  know you think I'm going to kill you because you saw me kill infront of you, but when the cops came and I  ran you came after me instead of staying behind and telling  the cops my crimes. You treated my injuries and you're letting me stay here with you. I  can't let you on the loose because it's dangerous for my buisness but I won't  kill you either, you have proved to be very beneficial to  me so I have a proposal for you, it sounds more like an ultimatum but I have to be cold for the sake of my...establishment. My proposal is that, you work as my personal doctor back at my buisness or I  could shoot you dead in the head right now and go about my life" he said.

Ok Mr Martinez that took the sharpest turn.

"Do I have a choice" I raised an eyebrow. "I guess not, we leave tomorrow, my men are coming to pick us up tomorrow." He said. "Goodnight" I said laying on his lap and shutting my eyes. "Night" he said hesitantly.

I fell asleep and I had a nightmare as usual.

Nightmare:

I was in the car with my entire family. It was the night it all happened. Where I got the scar. My father was drunk and took the family in the car my mother sat next to him on the passenger seat and my older brother and I sat at the back.We were on the highway fleeing from the police. My father got into some illegal buisness and was caught.Since he was drunk he was driving badly and we drove over a steep hill and the car flipped many times. Everyone died, everyone except me.