Silent treatment

《《MARTINA'S POV》》

Today was our last day in Mexico and we were heading back to Spain. There's  a lot of tension  between  Alessandro  and I.

The night at the club was awful. I  hate how close I  was to getting  information  from Veran. He was running  his mouth about how rich and powerful he is and that he'd  wanted  to have me and that he'd  give me anything I asked.

Obviously  I declined his offer and told him I had a shift at a hospital here in Mexico and that I was leaving soon so he didn't  push it any further  than that. Veran just caressed my collar bone and said he'd  see me around.

He was just about to leave but then Alessandro  came  along  and wrapped his arm around my waist. He completely  blew our cover. We were supposed  to  act as if we don't  know eachother  but he just had to ruin it. Now they know I'm   with him.

What I hate most about yesterday  night isn't  that I  didnt  get information  from Veran  it was more  that I  was mad at Alessandro.

The way he kissed me. I liked it. It made me feel things, things like butterfliesin my stomach. I hate that I enjoyed it because it meant nothing to him.

To him it was just an act  to fool Veran into thinking I  was one of his so called BITCHES. I shouldn't  be getting  so worked up.

I  sit on the seat of the private jet across from Alessandro  as usual.  The seats have a tables between them where he has his cup of coffee  set.

I read my book and he writes something  in his journal. I notice him glance up at him every once in a while and I  sneak a few glances as well.

It's  so awkward between us oh my god.

I lift my right foot to cross it over  my left under the table and it slightly  nudged Alessandro's carve.

The tension  just keeps getting worser and worser (see what I did there). I clear my throat and get back to my book.

I look up and Alessandro  is looking at me very closely. He's  analyzing  me. He hs a line in the centre of his eyebrows as he concentrates on me.

"What?" I ask and he just shakes his head and looks back down to his journal. "Want to ask me anything?" He suddenly  says.

"No"  my voice is quieter

"Ok" he nods.

I  notice the bags around his eyes and he yawns and carrys on scribbling  on his journal. "When's  the last time you slept?" I questioned.

"I thought you said no to asking me anything" he raises his eyebrow.

"Yeah well I only have one so please answer  it." I shrug.

"The day I  got drunk was the last time I  slept" he yawns and my eyes widen. "Thats not good Alessandro  you need to get some rest ok."

"I told you Martina... it's  very hard for me to fall asleep" he yawns. "Come here" I walk to the couches that are on the jet and he follows behind me.

"Lay down here" I  instruct him and he kicks off his shoes and does as I  tell him. I sit down beside  him and he looks up at me then my lap asking for permission  to rest his head on it  and I  nod.

He rests his  head on my lap and he closes his eyes. I take a blanket from the arm rest of the couch and I cover  him with it.

"Wait" Alessandro  says and gets up. "What's  wrong?" I ask. "I cant sleep with a shirt on" he runs a hand through his hair exhaustedly.

He takes his shirt off and my eyes are glued to his abdomen. Not only his abs but the scars on his body.

"I  got stabbed" he says like its just another paper cut. He lays back down on the coach and he places his head on my lap.

His eyelashes  flutter and his eyes are closed. Wow he has really long eyelashes. "I still can't  sleep" he says but I  shush him.

"I have plenty on my mind Martina. I hve so much  to think about I can't  just sleep ok" he opens his eyes.

"Close your eyes ok I'll  help you fall asleep. Only if you let  me." He nods and closes his eyes.

I run my fingers through  his hair and he visibly relaxes. I  carry on moving my  fingers through  his hair. His hair is nice and soft, I need to ask him what shampoo he uses later.

After a while  Alessandro  is fast asleep. He looks so innocent it's adorable. His hair is a mess and his lips are slightly  parted.

I cant let this go, I take my phone and snap a picture of him. I then use one of those dog ear filters on him and I  contain my giggles.

I stand up and make my way back to our table but his journal catches my eye. There's a sticky note sticking out of one of the pages. The sticky note is pink and it says "only look at this page Pink, don't snoop around"  I smile and take th journal.

I open to the page and it reads in bold "SIKE" he is so childish. I  write in there "I  READ YOUR JOURNAL"and I  close it.  I go back to him and sit there and look at him.

He has a fair amount of  tattoos on his body. He has writing on his shoulder I  cant read it either.

He has scars too. Multiple cuts on the left side of his body  almost not visable but I  see them. And then I  see the one just above his v-line.

I hesitantly trace my fingers on it and he tenses and his abs contract as he does. He takes my wrist and  sits up, "dont " he says and he quickly  takes his shirt and puts it on.

"Alessandro how did you get stabbed, and who stabbed you?"

"Alessandro" I  call after him but he doesnt  answer and ignores me. "If I  tell  you will you forgive me about the night at the club?" I nodded.

"My dad stabbed me when I  was 15, I didn't  want to kill an innocent  girl my age. She was our hostages daughter and  he didn't  want to  give us information  so my dad told me to kill her, but I  couldn't she had nothing to do with it she didn't  deserve to  suffer but my father thought  otherwise and because I  challenged his athority he stabbed me Martina" he said quickly  grabbing his journal and leaving.

He comes back and he has a shocked look on his face. "Did you read it?"  He asked and I nodded. He visably  began to panic.

I didn't  read it though I'm curious to know why he panicked.

"I know you didnt read it Martina. Even if you did you wouldn't  know what's written on the pages" he smirked.

"And why is that", I  crossed my arms over my chest. "It's all written  in spanish Rosado(Pink)" he winked at me and left.