break it to her

《《Alessandro's POV 》》

I watch her close her eyes and I get up off of her. I feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket and I pull it out  and begin to walk to the balcony answering before seeing the callers name. "Son" I hear him say and the mood I was in suddenly drops. "What?" I  ask and he chuckles. "Did you tell your lady friend about the arrangements we agreed to?" he asked and my jaw tightens.

"No" I  say to him and look over my shoulder at the sleeping beauty. "The clocks ticking son. You'd better tell her soon" he said in a way that made me feel very uneasy like he had leverage over me. "I do things  on my own terms Josè" I  warn him and he chuckles "You were never one to break a gentlemen's deal, what has changed?" He asked and I knew what the change was, the change was Martina, I don't care about dumb gentlemen's agreements when it comes to Martina.

"Josè listen to me and listen carefully. I agree to your deal, but I  want you to strike another deal as well" I suggested.  "I'll  keep my end of the bargan if you keep yours" I said and he hummed on the other end of the call. "fine I'll  agree to any deal you make" he said and I nodded "At the gathering you  better not hurt her Josè, don't let any of them hurt her or touch her or harm her in any way, shape and form because I  know for a fact you're planning some bullshit act on that stage. Whatever you were planning to do to her, do it to me instead" I said and he was silent.

"Deal" he said and I ended the call. I sigh and walk back inside and I  lay beside her. The gathering is next week and I  have this weird gut feeling whenever I think about taking Martina there to be my "wife"  . How do I  tell her this, how do I tell her that she must marry me.

I close my eyes and I  just want  this hectic day to be over. I feel a light weight on me and I look over my shoulder only to find Martina laying on my back unconscious, probably still asleep. How'd she even  end up there? I close my eyes again and I  feel her head move and when she realizes where she is she rolls off of me. Does she not recall yesterday night's events, she didn't seem bothered then, just flustered.

I feel her hands through my hair and I relax. Why does she play with my hair. "Pink" I call and she hums let ting me know she's listening. "Why do you play with my  hair?" I ask , "because it makes you fall asleep...and your hair is really soft" she giggles and continues to play with it. I hate the news I have to tell her. I really don't want to upset her not after the events that transpired yesterday.

"Martina I need to tell you something" I  say and  roll  over onto my back to look at her. It's better ripping the bandaid off right? "You know how when I  left you, you got in danger?" I asked  looking up at her "yeah" she said continuing to play with my hair making it so hard to even concentrate, fucking  hell. "It's  because people found out that you...that  I  uhm. You  matter to me." I admit hesitantly.

"And they know that I'll do anything to fucking protect you Martina and they want to use that as leverage against  me." I explain and she looks at me apologetically "Why do you want to protect me so much?" She asked and I shake my head "I wish I knew the answer too Pink, but I don't " I answer truthfully. "I can't let you go again or else they'll kill you and I  can't just have you as a medical assistant because they'll kill you as well " I said and her eyes widen.

"Then what's going to happen to me" she asked, her fingers left my hair and she began to fidget with her hands anxiously. "There's one way I can keep you safe Martina but you're not going to like it" I said and she looks at me closely and then her  face forms into a frown "you're going to ship me off to Antarctica!?" she asked in shock. "What? No. It's worse than that" I say and close my eyes.

"Alessandro you're scaring me now. Just please get me out of this danger, because I'm really really really scared. They killed my bestfriend and he didn't  do anything to deserve that Alessandro" she pleaded. "You have to marry me" I blurt out I said looking away not wanting to see the hurt look on her face but instead I hear tremendous laughter. Not a little cute giggle, a full on loud laugh that makes me open my eyes and look at her. She's grabbing her stomach and smacking her  knee.

"Oh my god" she screamed in the middle of her laugh. She takes a deep breath regaining  her composure before wiping the tears from her cheeks. "You're  actually funny Aless. That was a good one" she pointed at me and I  just looked at her my serious expression not faltering. Realisation washes over her face and  her face goes pale while her mouth hangs open.

"I have to marry you?" she whispers as if she can't believe it "Yeah" I reply. "What's the difference if I'm  going to be with you anyways whether I marry you or I'm your medical assistant? That makes no sense." She asks and I  sit up next to her. "We have this policy in our mafia, that we don't  kill any married women as a sign of respect, but if you aren't  announced to be spoken for or are still just a girlfriend they can kill you with no consequence. Married women are safe and aren't allowed on hit lists" I tell her and she nods her head.

"Why do you look so worried  then?" she asked me and I take a deep breath before telling her. "Remember the things I told you my father used to put me through?" I questioned and she nodded. "He's  holding  our marriage announcement at that  place and I don't  like that you have to go there because he'll do something violent and I don't  want you exposed to those things. What's worse is that you never actually know what he's planning" I clench my jaw at the thought.

"I just don't want you to get hurt because of me anymore" I look at her and she nods and pulls the blankets to her chin. "Does this mean we have to do couple things" she asked covering half her face with the blanket hiding her cheeks that are probably pink. I feel like teasing her and so I  do. I pull the blankets off of her and lay her down on her back before hovering over her body looking her in the eye.

Her eyes are wide in shock and her cheeks are tinted "that's up to you Pink" I whisper in her  ear noticing her breathing heavily. I climb off of her and leave her laying there hot and bothered. I walk out and I feel the front of my pants get tight, I  guess I teased myself in the process.

______________________

Viva Argentina 🇦🇷
Vamos Argentina 🇦🇷
Sorry I had to say it😭😭
What a final tonight