Spain

《《ALESSANDRO'S POV 》》

We enter the mansion and the first thing I see is Ricardo with a smug grin on his face. Martina is right beside me playing with her finger nails.

"So...How was Mexico when I was gone?" He asked and I tense remembering the night at the club and I think Martina did too.

Our hands brush past eachother once she stopped fidgeting and we immediately put our hands anywhere but at our sides. Ricardo's eyes meet mine and all that's written in them is 'What The Fuck Happened'.

"I'll go pack my bags and get started on last week's medical reports" Martina makes her way hurriedly up the stairs and into her room.

I feel terrible about what I did that night. "What the hell did you do Alessandro" Riccardo asked and I  sat on the sofa and poured myself some rum.

"It's a long story Riccardo and I don't  feel like storytelling" I  tell him and drink my rum.
"Did you fuck her?"
"Fuck no"
"Did you hurt her?"
"Seriously"
"Did you kiss her?"
I stay silent and drink my rum, and Riccardo's eyes widen in shock. "You kissed her" he said lowly "I didn't  have a fucking choice Riccardo" I  say through gritted teeth.

"Just give me a summary of what happened ok" he pleaded. "I needed medical assistants at the club so I  took her to the club. And then Veran was there and he touched her shoulder and I...I wrapped an arm around her waist."
Ricardo has his hands on his forehead. "No Alessandro now you've just put a target on her back" he says worriedly.

"Unless of course you treated her like a...whore?" He said in realization. "I had to Riccardo or else then he'd know that Martina means...is resourceful to me, I  mean us" I correct myself before I admit that she means a lot to me. "So you treated her like a whore, was it enough to convince him?" He asked and I  gulp.

"Yeah we're fucked" Ricardo said walking off. I stand up and walk to Martina's room and force myself to  knock. It's the first time I'm  nervous about  approaching a girl. "Who is it?" she asks and I  breath in "Alessandro" I say and clear my throat but she stays silent. "I'm busy" she says and I look at the floor, "I'll wait" I tell her.

After a few minutes she says "Come in" and I  open the door and walk in, she is sitting at her desk and she looks pinker than usual. I stand there not knowing what else to do. I keep second guessing everything and I  just stick to standing as far away from her as possible. "Martina I'm sorry" I whispered.

"Alessandro I forgive you, I've  put that behind me now you don't have to say sorry over and over again" she says  and I look at the  carpet not wanting to  even look at her.  I walk closer and sit on the edge of her bed. "Can you answer one question for me Martina?" I  asked and she nodded. "You have to be completely honest with me, promise" I said and she  nodded " I promise" she said.

"But you also have to promise me you'll  answer my question  honestly as well"

"I promise" I tell her and she nods

"Ladies first" I  tell her and she takes a deep breath before she asked her question.
"Why did you do it?" She asked and I look up at her. "Why did I do what?" I questioned and she sighs "What you did at the club" she said and I nodded.

"I was being dumb. I was paranoid and I just got jealous and he touched you and it just got to me Martina. I don't  know why but it did." I bite my tongue to keep myself from going on about things I  don't want her to hear. "Why'd you get upset after what happened?" I asked her.

"Because Alessandro you treated me like a...whore. I would have understood  if you did it when it was necessary to, but you did it just because of  a slight touch on my neck and shoulder. He was just about to leave Alessandro . I told him I was working  a shift at a hospital in Mexico  but now he knows I am with you. And what you did...when you were kissing me and touching me I didn't hate that, but I  hated how that was the first time that has ever happened to  me but it meant nothing. But because  you do it all the time, and you have no emotion, it didn't  feel that way to you. But it did for me Alessandro. You wasted that experience for me. I  wanted to be touched and kissed the way I was at the club by someone who really and truly loves me" her voice cracks and she takes a deep breath before walking away.

I never thought about it that way. And my heart breaks for her and I  hate myself for what I  did to her. I  was so selfish and ignorant and I didn't  know she felt that way. I  follow her  out "Martina  wait" I called but she stopped and turned to me looking  at my shoes. "Martina look me in the eyes" I said and she looked up at me and when her eyes met mine she slowly  began to sob.

I walked to her and wrapped my arms around  her and gave her a hug. She wrapped her arms around me and I  pull away to wipe her tears away and then pull her back into a hug. I  kiss her on her forehead  and rub her back till she calms down and stops sobbing.

"I'm sorry " I  whisper and close my eyes and hug her longer. It's  weird how before I  met her I never apologized, hugged, played the piano, spoke about my feelings,  or cared what people  thought of me. Now I  apologize to  her all the time because I  fuck up all the time. Now I  can hug her without  feeling like I've become a weaker man. Now I  can tell her how it was like growing  up and tell her how I got my scars. And now I  care so much about how she thinks of me that I  could change anything to make her happy. She was the only person I've  met who doesn't  see me or treat me like a monster. Even if there were times that I made her second guess it. She's  been so patient with me.

I really  and truly lo...