I can't lose you

"I'm starting to get nervous" she said looking outside the window at the number of cars that are parked outside. She's beginning to count the pearls on her bracelet nervously like an abacus. I hesitate for a bit  and then I  reach for her hand and hold it tightly.

"As long as I'm here you have nothing to worry about" I bring her hand up and kiss her ring finger and then squeeze her hand in both of mine. "Remember don't be nice to anyone" I  said as we walked inside. The violin music filled my ears, an unpleasant symphony of screeches, fucking hell.

Martina's arm is locked at the crook of my elbow as we walk inside. I return to my usual emotionless face as I  converse with men in Spanish. They wouldn't dare to look at Martina's direction unless of course they had a death wish. When the conversation ends Martina tugs at my arm.

"Alessandro my feet really hurt, these heels their making my ankles swell" she said shyly looking down at her shifting feet. I bring her chin up and her eyes hold a fear to them, I  don't blame her this is a room full of mob members and then we have whatever stupid plan my father came up with for tonight. Its anonymity made me a bit nervouse.

I carry Martina bridal-style to our table and pull a chair out for her. I  sat her down and knelt down on one knee and began to  slowly undo the straps of her  heels. "You aren't used to this?" I questioned and she smiled down at me and shook her head, Fucking hell that smile.

I made sure to take my time removing her heels. Everyone watched in shock at my gesture as they knew I never knelt down. "Their watching us" Martina whispered to me looking away overcome with shyness  "let them" I replied before pressing my lips onto her sore ankle just like I did the night I helped with her bruised thighs.

She laughed and put her hand in my hair to try and make me stop but I didn't "Alessandro it tickles" she laughed some more and then I pulled away and got up on my feet. I sat beside her at our table and brought  her feet to my lap.  I watched some of my family members chat around whilst I massaged Martina's feet on my lap.

" Alessandro mira cuanto has crecido (Alessandro look how much you've grown)" my mothers sister says as she  walks over to me and pinches the living shit out of my right cheek. I  hate it when she does that, but I don't pay it any mind, she is like a second mother to me.

"Tia Gabriella  me estas haciendo quedar mal (aunt Gabriella you're making me look bad)" I said leaning away from her as she leans in to kiss my forehead. Martina stifles a laugh and I sink into my chair. "Ella es hermosa como se  llama?(She's beautiful what's her name?)" She  asked sitting beside me. "Su  nombre  as Martina( her name is Martina)" I replied and then looked at Martina, "Martina this is my aunt Gabriella" I introduced and Martina smiled at her and hugged her tight.

"Es muy dulce, tiene en  aura muy  amable te debe gustar mucho (she is very sweet, she has a very kind aura, you must really like her)" she says giving me a nudge. "Bueno estas equivocada(Well you're wrong)" I answer looking away and taking a sip of whiskey suddenly feeling hot.

《《Martina's POV 》》

Seeing Alessandro look so conflicted makes me wonder what they were saying in Spanish. I love his Aunt she's so warm, and comforting she's  like a bowl of soup. She's  the only person I've spoken to this entire time here. This place makes me anxious, so many murders and disgusted looks from women who walked by.

When Gabriella left I begun to pick at my nails nervously, all the women here are so beautiful and a bit older it makes me feel like I'm not good enough and immature. "Pink" his voice brings me out of my small day dream. "Hmm" I look up at him and his eye's scan every inch of my face. "What's bothering you?" He asked and I shifted a bit "nothing" I smile and look down but he grabs my chin and tilts my head so I'm looking him in  the eye.

"Martina just fucking tell me" he said "please, so I can make you feel better" he said and I looked around anxiously. "Just nervous about tonight that's all" I replied and his jaw tightened, he reached for the back of my chair and pulled my chair closer to him in one swift movement.

"I  know you're nervous Martina and I  know that that isn't what's bothering you so tell me" he said lowly. "Them" I said passively and he looked at where I was looking, his jaw tightened "what about them Pink?" He asked and I  shrugged, "their really pretty, and their dresses, and I"--"Martina estas hermosa  (Martina you are beautiful)"  he said and I gave him a confused look.

"I said you're fucking beautiful Martina." He said looking down at me now. "Do you go for them. You know like are they the type of girls you prefer, to be with. Since this isn't real, are you going to spend time with them and not me?" I blabbed nervously and he shakes his head. "There's no one else I'd rather be around than with you Martina" he whispers in my ear and then he kisses my cheek.

I bite back my smile and then the other way to hide my scorching hot face. Dinner is served and I  have no idea what cutlery to use. Luckily me and Alessandro's table was in an isolated area upstairs away from everyone's eyes. Like I  was a little kid Alessandro cut my steak for me and  fed it to me.

As I chewed on the last of it he sipped on his beverage, it was non alcoholic though  which suprised me. He looked out into space in deep thought and his jaw ticked. "Alessandro?" His blue eyes snap to my direction and his jaw stops tensing. "What's wrong?" I asked nervous to see him nervouse.

"My father" he replied and his jaw tightened, "it's around this time that he calls me up to the stage. And I just don't want anything to happen to you Martina." He said looking me in the eyes sincerely. "And I  can't lose you either" he murmured looking the other way with a cold expression on his face that made shivers go down my spine.