4

The days passed and, to Junpei's astonishment, he became close with his classmate and even became part of his group.

Said group consists of him, Itadori, Kugisaki, and Fushiguro. A small circle of friends but, Junpei felt warmth at the acceptance of friendship.

Fushiguro is mostly quiet, Kugisaki is boisterous and radiated an energy of dominance, while Itadori is a ray of sunshine. Junpei smiles, as he thinks of his new friends, it makes the days at school much more bearable.

Itadori even joined his movie club. The two of them bonding over their shared like for slasher movies, he just goes with the flow feeling excitement rush through him as Itadori reacts to him.

He's so animated, easy to read, so light and carefree, so effortless

"Hey Junpei! We're gonna watch that new movie next Saturday, wanna join?" Itadori asks.

Junpei didn't think twice before he said yes.

Itadori is so fun and wonderful to be around, Junpei isn't sure if he's real or not

But he is

________________________

One month later

"Oi, you're Itadori aren't you?"

Junpei, Kugisaki, Fushiguru and Itadori were walking home together when they were stopped by a group of delinquents. Junpei counted, there were ten of them.

"Yeah, need something?" Itadori asks, tone challenging instead of questioning.

"You tell me, your guys beat up a few of my own, just because they were riding around in your territory. They were only passing through, you know?"

As he says this, there's a shift in the group, and it can only be the anticipation of a fight, judging by their body language.

Fushiguro frowned. "The hell is he talking about?" He asked Itadori.

"Uhh, that would be my older brother's guys actually" Itadori says. "You got the wrong twin, I'm Yuji, not Sukuna"

His friends' brains clicked as they remembered Yuji mentioning his older twin a few times.

One of them gave a bark of laughter. "HAHAHA! Do ya think we're dumb or somethin'?! We're not falling for that!"

"Sorry buddy, but we're just gonna have to risk it" One of them dove towards them, fists cocked back.

Junpei was suddenly pulled backwards by Fushiguro and tossed to the side. "Good thing tomorrow's laundry day" He heard Kugisaki click her tongue before standing beside Itadori.

Junpei's eyes were glued to the three of them, calm and easygoing one second and then focused and deadly the next.

He watched as Itadori moves in a way that shouldn't be possible.

For a guy that weighs 80 kilos, he's incredibly fast, and so light on his feet. He side steps each attack, barely getting grazed. He should be overwhelmed by the difference in numbers, but he's taking them on just fine. He makes it look easy.

When he hits back, it's swift and controlled, violent and real.

It looks beautiful, somehow.

Of course Fushiguro and Kugisaki weren't lacking either. He watches Fushiguro knee a guy in the stomach, while Kugisaki was holding her own against two

Junpei is mesmerized, feeling like the whole scene should belong in a movie. A movie he'd like to be the director of.

The three of them looked unfazed When it was finally over.

There were groans and pained moans and threats from the ones still conscious on the ground, but he deems it over and done with, as he joins their side again.

"Scram!" Kugisaki shouts as the delinquents picked themselves up and ran away.

"Sorry you guys had to get involve, they never believe me when this happens" Itadori apologized. "Really gotta talk to Sukuna about this"

Junpei is too preoccupied with the strange feeling warming him up from the inside, to hear much. It's been happening lately, in random moments. Usually when Itadori does something endearing, or exceeds Junpei's expectations.

Like now.

"So who's hungry? My treat!" itadori suddenly brought up.

The four of them were unaware that they were being watched.

Above them, on the bridge, a tall white haired male wearing their school's uniform whistled in appreciation at the fight he just witnessed.

His eyes were glued on Itadori the entire time.

From what he can remember, Itadori is a year below him, making him his Kouhai.

"Well, that was interesting" he said to himself, smirking as he watched the four of them go. "Very, interesting"