13

"I gotta head home" Megumi said, looking at his phone. "My dad expects me to be home before eight, plus I need to make dinner"

"Ahh, same" Nobara chimes in, looking at her watch.

The others agreed it was time to separate. Geto and Shoko live close to each other so the two went home together. Now it was just Yuji, Satoru, and Yoshino.

The black haired boy nervously looked over at Satoru, who was hovering(possessively) protectively around Yuji. "Oh man, I didn't know hours have passed already" The pink haired boy complained. "Wait--crap! I forgot to visit my grandpa!" He can already imagine the grumpy old man scowling at him in the hospital bed.

"Visiting hours will be over in five minutes anyway" Satoru said. "You can make up for him tomorrow"

Yuji pouts, feeling guilty about forgetting his grandfather. His sick grandfather who was old enough to kick the bucket any time soon.

It was bad enough his brother stopped visiting

His twin's relationship with their grandfather deteriorated when he entered high school.

But Yuji was always so close to their grandfather. Will he think Yuji's forgetting him too?

"H-hey uh"

His thoughts were interrupted by the black haired boy with them.

"Tomorrow, when you visit your grandpa... I'll arrange a bouquet for you" he suggested. "And I bet he'd be less mad if you show up with a card too"

Yuji chuckles, warming Junpei's heart. "He doesn't like cheesy stuff like a get well soon card, but what would I even say?"

"Just write your sincere feelings" Junpei said, thinking of his mother.

"Hmm.. " Yuji hums to himself. "I don't wanna go home yet" not like anyone was waiting for him at home. His brother comes and goes but for two weeks he hasn't come home and for two weeks he comes home to a dark and empty house.

"Me neither" Satoru reminded them that he was still there.

"Me too" Junpei said. He'll text his mother later a reason why he's not home yet.

"Great! Since the three of us aren't going home yet, let's walk around the mall for a couple more hours---hey let's just have dinner here too" Yuji grabbed both Junpei and Gojo's hands and proceed to drag the two to a nearby fast food restaurant.

"My treat!" He added.

Gojo wanted to say he would pay for their meal instead(he really wanted to show off his credit card to Yuji) but a petty side of him refused to waste money on that Junpei. An even pettier side of him was a little ticked off because the guy kept trying to get closer to Yuji the entire time

Not that Yuji noticed the way the boy looked at him, really he was dangerously dense.

"Works for me" he thought smugly. Because this way he can be touchy with Yuji and the cute pink haired boy wouldn't mind a bit. For goodness sake he even let's Satoru stuff his hands under Yuji's shirt under the guise of 'warming his hands'

__________________________

10:30pm

The young man stumbles into the dark home. Carelessly removing his shoes and kicking them to the side

He strips off his clothes as he walks to the bathroom

Once there, he turns on the lights and steps into the shower, turned on the warm water, and sighed with relief as the dirt and grime was washed away from him.

The idiots at his school practically drained him all day mentally. He was just relieved hanging around those morons wasn't turning him into a moron too.

Unlike his little brother who was never really good at school(with the exception of sports)

He was exceptionally gifted with every subject.

It made things boring

Everything was too easy

And he hated anything easy.

No idea when, but he started getting into fights. Typical delinquent shit, but because of his high grades most teachers tend to turn a blind eye on him

As long as he doesn't do anything to tarnish the school's reputation or commit murder

And keep up with his grades. He was good to go

After he finished his shower, the teenager went to his room, passing his brother's.

He didn't bother checking in, so sure his innocent brother was snoring peacefully in bed. Yuji was the good one between the two of them after all, the kind twin, the sweeter one, the more responsible  Itadori brother

He kicks open his bedroom door and throws himself on his unkept bed.

The bed he hadn't touched in weeks, so it's gathered a bit of dust and gotten a little cold.

"Home sweet home" he muttered before falling asleep.