31

"Really?" Megumi was surprised that Yuji would turn down an invitation to have a karaoke party after school at Nobara's house. Even more so that their favorite senpais would be attending. "Yeah sorry, but I can't go today" Yuji apologized sincerely.

"Ah, okay" was all Megumi could say before his pink haired friend had rushed off to another direction. Probably to find Gojo and hang out with him before the bell rings. The white haired older boy demands attention from the pinkette at the most randomest of moments and for some reason..

Yuji always indulges.

Truly, it was a wonder how the two weren't dating yet. Or why they weren't.

"Wonder why he's not coming today, Gojo's going to throw a huge fit if he finds out" The black haired male thinks. Imagining a scenario of Gojo Satoru whining and complaining or maybe stomping his foot angrily because his favorite person wouldn't be going to the same place he'll be at.

The white haired male was such an immature donkey that Megumi really wanted to bash his head with an oar. "I'm not telling him that Yuji isn't going, that's Nobara's problem. She's the host" he thought, even smirking because his excuse seemed solid.

"He's her problem today"

"Hey!" He was pulled out of his musings by a hand on his shoulder and a big smile on a scarred face that popped up beside him. On instinct he flinched and slapped the guy's hand off his shoulder. "Sorry, hehehe" the blue haired boy chuckled.

Megumi frowned. This person looked familiar. "Do you need something?" He askes. "Not from you, but from that pink haired boy you were talking to before" the scarred student said with a pleasant smile. But Megumi still felt uneasy

"Itadori Yuji?" He mentioned without thinking. "Yeah him! I talked to him yesterday but" he shrugged, chuckling again. "Forgot his name. Which way did he go? And where's he headed?"

Megumi frowned. "Why?"

"answering my question with a question" Mahito muses. "He's not a trusting person" Polar opposite to his pink haired buddy, who opens up easily, from what he's observed. Except yesterday he clearly looked suspicious of Mahito. He had an adorable expression of discomfort for a brief moment.

"Because I'm looking for him" Mahito answered.

"What do you need from him?" Megumi responded.

"Nothing"

"Then piss off" came a new voice. And this time Megumi felt relieved to hear this voice. It was Gojo Satoru. The white haired boy seemed to had just been passing by when he over heard them talking about Yuji. Particularly the bit about the blue haired stitched-up-faced boy looking for him.

Usually, Gojo would just brush this off. It was such a trivial and small matter, but Gojo disliked the fact it was Mahito that was asking about his pink haired kouhai.

He knew Mahito. Not directly, but he's heard rumors. Disturbing ones, in fact he's not even sure how someone with Mahito's track record got into the school. He usually couldn't care less about others who have no relation to him, but this person was looking for his Yuji, so naturally he needs to be involved.

Mahito's eyes momentarily darkened at the sight of him. "Gojo-san" he said, voice as hard as steel. Before softening again, eyes appearing less cold. The switch was so fast Megumi wasn't sure if Mahito was even glaring at Gojo before.

"Good to see you Gojo-san" he chuckled. "Piss off" Satoru repeated, standing beside Megumi, hands in his pockets. "I was just asking Megumi here-"

"Where Yuji is. He's busy getting snacks for us, I sent him to buy at the store outside school" Satoru interrupts. He smirked at Mahito, who's smile was still etched on his stitched face. Doesn't he ever get tired of smiling?

"I see...OKAY then!" His entire face lit up and he turned on his heel and walked away, hands behind his head in a relaxed manner. "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable Megumi!"

"How did he know my name?" Megumi wondered.

He turned to Satoru.

"You just told him where Yuji is" he accused, frowning.

"I lied" Satoru said. "I haven't seen Yuji since this morning"

Megumi was surprised. Now this was..odd

(Author: How do you guys like the story so far? What do you think Mahito's intentions are?)