41

Megumi stared at the empty desk of his classmate and friend, frowning. He turned to Nobara who was busy with her phone and tapped her shoulder "Where's Yuji?"

She looked at him and frowned "I don't know, probably with his boyfriend. Obviously he's not here" she said before returning to her phone. He looked back at the empty desk where his friend always sat, as well as the desk beside it. Junpei was missing too

"Maybe they're running late" he thought, trying to push down the worry bubbling in his mind and gut. It was too early to worry anyway.

But the day continued onward and he found no trace of Yuji anywhere, the boy wouldn't even reply to his texts.

"Megumi!" He heard the voice of Gojo Satoru call out to him, he turned around and saw the tall white haired upperclassman making his way towards him, a smile on his face, and his black tinted round shades sliding down his nose. "You seen Yuji per chance?" He asked

Megumi shook his head, surprised that for once the two weren't together, as Yuji and Gojo had practically been joined at the hip since becoming a couple. "I thought he was with you the entire time" he admitted.

Gojo's smile remained present on his face, though now he had an ominous aura which made Megumi sweat a bit. "No, I haven't seen or heard of him" the white haired male revealed.

"He's probably sick so he couldn't come to school" Megumi reassured. "Then he would have told m-- us" Megumi raised a brow, sure Gojo was going to say 'me'.

"We can visit his house after school" Megumi suggested

Gojo agreed, and left him alone. Megumi went about his day as he normally would but he couldn't ignore this nagging feeling in his gut that something wasn't right

__________________

Hours passed in a blur and before they knew it everyone was leaving the school building. Nobara wanted to drag Megumi to shop with her saying she needed someone to help carry her bags, but Megumi snapped that they needed to check on Yuji first.

"Fine" Nobara groaned. "You're probably worried over nothing, the guy's probably just caught the flu or something" she complained as they walked to the direction of Yuji's house.

"Then let's drop by the pharmacy" Megumi retorted.

Nobara shrugged, in truth she too was concerned for Yuji's absence but she didn't think much of it because she knew Yuji is strong and capable, "he can take care of himself" she thought "it's only been a day"

"Hey, shouldn't we also drop by Junpei's house?" She wondered. "He didn't come to school either and, he's been avoiding us for a few days now"

The black haired boy felt guilty for completely forgetting about their other, more quiet friend Yoshino, who they haven't talked to for days. "Yeah sure, after we visit Yuji let's stop by Junpei's place" he agrees.

_____________________

When they got to the Itadori residence, they saw Gojo already standing in front of the house. When the white haired male noticed them, he gave them a wave before returning his attention to the gate. He raised his fist and loudly knocked on the metal gate

"Yuji! Your favorite boyfriend is here to give you a checkup!"

Megumi rolled his eyes "You're his only boyfriend" he remarked.

"Exactly, that's why I'm his favorite" Gojo chuckled. Megumi and Nobara just gave each other looks, before shrugging off Gojo's eccentrics. The three stood there for a minute or two, waiting for someone to open the gate. When the gate finally did open, they were met with Yuji's face, but not quite his face. It was Sukuna, Yuji's twin

"The fuck do you want?" Sukuna grumbled, staring at Gojo in annoyance. When his eyes settled on the other two that Gojo was with, he smirked at Megumi.

"Fushiguro, what brings you here?"

"You're a lot nicer to Megumi but you treat your future brother-in-law like a bubblegum you stepped on" Gojo whined just to irk off the pinkette.

"Because I like him better" Sukuna retorted. "Much better" he added with emphasis.

"We're here to see Yuji, and we bought medicine in case he got sick" Nobara spoke up, stepping forward and showing Sukuna the plastic bag full of medicine they bought.

Sukuna frowned, as if contemplating her words. "Wait.." he looked at them seriously. "Yuji didn't go to school?"

_______________________

Yuji heard faint voices. They were talking about him, he was sure because he heard his name being mentioned a few times, but he didn't know what about him that they were talking about, or who the voices belonged to

He was tied up to a chair, his eyes covered with a cloth.

He has been awake for an hour now, but he remains unmoving, pretending to still be knocked out, as he tries to figure out how he was going to get himself out of this situation.

"I think it's time we wake our little guest up" he heard a familiar voice that made his blood boil. Mahito's.

The cloth was removed from his eyes but he kept them shut. Then, he felt a sharp stinging sensation on his cheek. His eyes opened and he stared into the cold eyes of Mahito, who had an amused grin on his face

"Rise and shine!" He cheerfully said.