14

When Sukuna woke up the next day, he was greeted with the smell of eggs, bacon, rice, and something sweet. He resisted as hard as he can, but eventually the smell was too strong even for him. So he forced himself out of bed.

The morning sun seeped into the room through the curtains.

Yawning widely like a lion, he got out of bed, still stretching, and left his room. Looking at it now in the morning without the cover of darkness he realized his bed room resembled a pig sty now. Dirty clothes everywhere, dust had gathered on his desk, window sill and bed, junk food wrappers littering the floor.

And he swore a roach crawled out from under one of the wrappers.

He'll clean it tomorrow.

Following the scent of the delicious cooking, his feet led him to the kitchen. There was his little brother, wearing a pink apron and humming a familiar tune as he cooked breakfast.

There were five eggs on a plate, and a dozen bacons. His mouth practically watered at the sight.

"Morning Suku-nii" his twin brother greeted without turning around. He could always sense when Sukuna was near him.

"Morning brat" he greeted gruffly, taking a seat. "Lotta food.. what's the occasion?" He reached for a bacon only for his hand to be slapped away. His twin gave him a scathing look. "Oi, what the Hell's the look for?" He demands rubbing  his hand.

"Ya ain't eating without me! Just let me finish" Yuji snapped, before returning to his cooking. "Just drink orange juice"

Sukuna rolled his eyes. Nevertheless he reached for a cup and poured himself a generous amount of juice, slurping obnoxiously just to annoy his brother. He smirked when he saw the younger one's ears twitch.

He slurped more loudly

"Rude, dumbass" Yuji muttered.

"Hurry up moron" Sukuna demanded.

"Here" Yuji put hotdogs on a plate.

He watched his brother mutter a quick prayer(Sukuna was never religious) before he began eating.

They turned the TV on. News about a new idol served as background noise to fill in the silence, the two of them always hated silence.

"When did you get home?" Yuji asked.

"I could ask you the same thing" Sukuna remarked. "Sometime around 10" he answered his twin's question.

"11:30" Yuji responded. Sukuna snorted. "What?" His twin frowned.

"Surprise surprise little Yuji came home late-" --Sukuna

"--It was friday!" --Yuji

"--is he finally getting a life?" --Sukuna

"--I have a life!" --Yuji

"--what were you doing so late? Fooling with girls? What was your type again? Tall, big asses?" --Sukuna

"Suku-nii!" Yuji reached to take a swipe at him, but Sukuna caught his hand. He stuck his tongue out at the younger, showing him his tongue stud. "A piercing?! On your tongue? Grandpa's not gonna like that!"

At the mention of their grandfather, Sukuna rolled his eyes. He was never close with their grandfather. The man was always out working and leaving the two of them by themselves since the age of seven. He and the old man always got into fights

Yuji frowned when his brother rolled his eyes at the mention of their grandfather. But didn't chastise him. It was too early a morning for them to fight over their dying grandfather

"That he never even visits" Yuji think bitterly.

"Oi"

He looked back at his brother.

".... So how's school?"

Worked like a charm. Yuji brightened up and started yapping animatedly about this and that, his new friends, which teachers he liked best and which one he liked least, the school food, the assholes, the bullies he pounded, yada yada yada-

"--met this guy Gojo-senpai is super cool! He stormed into our classroom one time and out of nowhere just started hangin' out with us--"

His ears perked at the name 'Gojo'

Where has he heard that before?

"--he's cool! Awesome... Super strong but a little clingy--tends to cling onto me a lot-"

Cling onto his brother?

"Geto-kun says Satoru's really smart, child prodigy even, but barely shows up to classes-" Yuji shut up when he noticed his brother's deep thinking face, brows furrowed, eyes narrowed. Like he was trying to remember something important.

"Suku-nii?"

"Hmm?"

Gojo, for some reason that name left a bad taste in his tongue. Even though he hasn't even met the guy yet.