28

"E-excuse me, Itadori-kun" a shy girl poked his back, clutching a letter in hand. Yuji, Megumi, and Nobara turned their attention away from each other to regard the small girl quivering in front of them. Nobara and Megumi sighed. "Another one? His boyfriend's not gonna like this"

"This is for you!" She pushed the letter to his hand before rushing away, cheeks red. Yuji blinked in confusion before looking at the letter. Opening it and reading over the first sentence, he realized it was a confession. He blushed, feeling flattered, but then he felt guilty when he reached the end of its content because he knew he'd have to turn her down.

"This is the sixth one, you're a lucky bastard you know?" Nobara grumbled snatching the letter from his hand and reading it. "Wow, the girl's got amazing literature skills... I'm getting butterflies just reading it!"

"It's fortunate Gojo wasn't here when she was" Megumi added. "I can think of a few embarrassing things he could have done to her just to keep her far away from you"

"Yeah you're boyfriend's a possessive asshole" Nobara agreed. "But at least he treats you like a king"

Yuji was confused, what the hell were his friends saying? "Why would Gojo-senpai embarrass her for giving me the letter? What could possibly be the point?" He asks, walking to their next class.

His friends followed behind him, equally confused. "You of all people should know what he's like!" Nobara scoffed. "Remember when he ate the bento another girl made for you a while back?" She reminded.

"So what? He said it didn't taste good"

"Are you serious Itadori?" The girl was getting frustrated with his stupid obliviousness. Does he have the mind of a rock? She was losing her patience with him, any second now and she's going to grab her hammer and hit him with it. "Also I don't have a boyfriend" Yuji added.

The black haired boy and the brunette stopped in their tracks. "What?" They thought, even more confused now. "Gojo Satoru isn't your boyfriend?" Nobara asked

Yuji rolled his eyes. "No, of course not!"

"But the way you two act suggest otherwise" Megumi reminded, frowning. "You wear his jacket, you let him slip his hands under your shirt, he's comfortable resting his head on your lap, you're always around each other, he's kinder to you, he clings to you like a love sick puppy and you're always looking at him like he was the best thing to happen to you!" he listed

"He was bragging about spending the night at your house this morning" Nobara revealed

"And you're telling us you're not in a relationship? Seriously?"

Yuji paused for a moment to really think about his friends words. Like really think about it. It was true, he and Gojo Satoru do all those things but he never really thought it gave people the wrong idea.

He was just so comfortable around him. He didn't think there was anything wrong with letting Satoru use his lap as a pillow if he was tired, or his shoulder too. Yuji likes it, a lot.

So what if he gets to wear Satoru's jacket? What's the big deal? Satoru insists that the jacket looks better on Yuji than it does to him.... And he loves the smell of Satoru's cologne clinging on the jacket, it was like being embraced by him

Satoru is kinder to Yuji? Okay, yes, even he's noticed the special treatment from the white haired boy. He's just ignored it for a while but now that Megumi has pointed it out Yuji is forced to acknowledge that Gojo treats him better.

He looks at the white haired boy like he's the best thing to happen to him?

Yuji doesn't do that.... often. Right?

"I can practically hear the gears working in your head Itadori" Nobara clicked her tongue before tapping his forehead. "About time you get your brain functioning, if you don't use it it'll just gather dust and cobwebs". He actually laughed at the idea

"You're right" he agreed

"Of course I am! Your little brain-"

"No not that" Yuji shook his head. "I meant about Satoru"

"You finally acknowledge he's an asshole who'll bring you nothing but trouble so you'll stay away from him before he breaks your heart into pieces?" Megumi brings up.

"No! Not that either!" Yuji exclaimed. "Stop picturing him as a spoiled jerk with an ego the size of china, and maybe then you'll see what makes me like him so much!" He huffed, rolling his eyes at his friends.

"I think his ego is bigger than china" Nobara whispered to Megumi, who nodded in agreement. Yuji bristled because he still heard the comment.

"What I meant was, you're right about us, we do the stuff you listed Megumi, and I can see why you're confused, even I'm confused now" the pinkette scratched the back of his head. "Saying it out loud, it got me thinking-"

"That's a first" Nobara commented

"Does he.. maybe" Yuji blushed. "Like me? In that way?"

His two best friends looked at him, facial expression changing from disbelief, to annoyance, to frustration. "You're just figuring that out now?! " Nobara yells grabbing him by the collar and shaking him back and forth

"Do you ever use that brain of yours?! What's going on in there?! How have you never noticed how much that sunglasses wearing weirdo likes you so much?! Are you blind?!"

(Author: So what's your favorite holiday? Mine's Christmas *̣̥☆·͙̥❄‧̩̥࿌ིྀ྇˟͙☃️˟͙࿌ིྀ྇‧̩̥❄·͙̥̣☆*̣̥)