12.

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

It had been a month and Valeria was stressed to say the least. Taking care of twins wasn't as easy as she expected. She had been doing fine when everyone was there to help her but everyone had gone back to mystic falls for classes and other stuff.

The heretics stuck around but there was so much they could do. Everyone in the house was busy since they now faced another threat since Lucien had betrayed them. Valeria offered to help but the Mikaelsons basically had her on maternity leave if that even was a thing but she would rather be helping out there instead of going crazy with the babies in her room.

Kol had come around more to check on her which just made it seem like they were back together but they weren't and he had made it clear.

"You're leaving?" Valeria asked as she sat Josie down in her crib and turned to Kol.

"Where else am I supposed to go?" Kol turned back to her.

"Here with me"

"You already have Alaric for that" Kol mentioned making her scoff.

"You know it's not like that Kol. The babies wake up a lot at night and he doesn't even sleep anywhere close to me; he sleeps on that little bed in the corner" Valeria explained. "If you're still looking for a reason to be mad at me do it but don't blame Alaric because he needs help and I can't exactly just leave him with the twins even with me we're struggling"

"Then focus on your babies Val and when you're not busy then I'll consider coming back"

"Kol don't do that..." Valeria walked closer to him but was stopped when Josie began to cry again she paused and sighed turning back to her. "Just wait and I'll talk to you..."

"No Val take care of them I'll come by tomorrow" Kol walked out not even allowing her to say anything she sighed and went to pick Josie up and began to rock her again.

"Josie please we're not doing this again yiu made me cry with you last night we're not doing this right now okay because you'll wake up your sister and that's not very nice" Valeria stepped out the nursery and into her room still rocking her back and forth. "Maybe it's a good think you started crying because maybe we would've started arguing more and it would've ended up bad"

Valeria sat down on a rocking chair Damon had bought for her and started to rock on it she then put her head back waiting for her to stop crying. Eventually Elijah walked in looking how Valeria was sitting with her eyes shut while the baby cried.

"Valeria are you alright?" He questioned walking towards her.

"No" she blurted out. "She won't stop crying and I've tried everything snd then Kol keeps shutting me out and now the only people I talk to is them two which is dumb since they don't even talk"