14.

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Valeria snapped awake at the sound of the twins crying. She quickly got out of bed not even caring about Kol next to her. She picked Josie and by the time she went to pick up Lilly Kol had sped into the room.

"I didn't want to wake you up..." Valeria said, rocking the baby while she was about to pick up the other.

"Are they okay?" Kol questioned walking towards her.

"Yeah they're probably hungry..." Valeria paused. "...And need a diaper change, could you hold her?"

"Val I don't think..." Kol paused when Valeria just handed Josie over. "Val, do you think this is okay?"

"That's why you haven't held them? I thought you were just mad at me..." Valeria chuckled while she took two diapers out with Lilly in her arms.

"I just didn't want Alaric to be mad at you..." Kol commented while he held Josie rocking her back and forth.

"He told me" she mentioned making him look up. "He asked me why were you the only one that wouldn't hold the babies when everyone else did and I told him probably because you were mad"

"No, I just never imagined you with kids. I didn't know how to react. I have gotten used to the belly...I don't even know Val..."

Kol followed her into the room while she sat down on the bed placing Lilly down on the bed setting the diapers and wipes on the bed while Kol sat down on the end of the bed with Josie in his arms.

Valeria just smiled and began to take her onesie off and everything else while he just watched. He smiled seeing how Valeria made all types of faces to make the baby laugh which was working.

"I started off teaching you magic pushing you away telling myself I would only get you to control your magic so you could make the dagger but eventually I began to fall for you and I remember everyday I would wait for our lessons everyday" Kol began to talk to her while he held Josie and Valeria changed Lilly.

"You began to change me little by little the things I used to do like just find a random human on bourbon street and tear their throat out I remembered how you didn't like the idea of feeding on people and killing them to me you were the perfect person you were kind there was so much light in you and there still is I just kept thinking I wasn't good for you I needed to be good for you so I began to change reminding myself of they things you wouldn't do maybe if I was like you I could be good enough..."

"Kol you were always enough for me I would've never made you change..." Valeria said.

"It was all in my head maybe because that's the type of person I wanted to be for you back then..." Kol shrugged.