001.

Italics- Hope's narrating/ flashback

╔•═════•༺۝༻•═════•╗

╚•═════•༺۝༻•═════•╝

╚•═════•༺۝༻•═════•╝

Family: a group of one or more parents and their children living together as a unit. According to the dictionary.

Family is different to everyone. If I were to tell you the definition of family for me then you might think I'm crazy.

After all I've learned one thing: family is always and forever.

My family has fought for the longest time to remain together after all the obstacles they have faced there were more people included into our 'always and forever'.

Most of them have been around more than I have that they are considered family even if it's not by blood.

My mother was dragged in when she was pregnant with me which left her no choice but to be part of the family which she now enjoys and fights for them as well.

Then we have Marcel who is madly in love with my aunt Rebekah. They're currently living in New York.

Cami is my god mother / step mother since she got married with my dad but now they're living separate lives along with my uncle Elijah who is barely talked about.

You're probably thinking how are we even a family when we're all scattered around. Seven years ago an evil ancient force called the hollow broke my family up. Each one of my family, that are vampires taking a life with them then running to the ends of the world far from each other leaving just my mom, aunt Freya and I alone.

Now I'm missing one person I haven't really talked about. My uncle Kol. He used to be around a lot before while I was growing up, not around me but the twins who are basically like my cousins according to everyone, I've only heard stories.

Apparently my uncle Kol was deeply in love with my aunt Valeria who is currently daggered and kept in a coffin in our basement. She's the twins' mom which I don't know how that works since Dr. Saltzman is their dad and she was with uncle Kol so it just doesn't make sense.

Like I said I've only heard stories that uncle Kol and the rest used to tell me when we used to all live together. Every night before the twins and I headed to bed uncle Kol would tell us a story about her.

Aunt Freya always promised me that one day she would get woken up but it's never happened. A group of heretics comes to the compound to check on her every week.

Uncle Kol was around the twins a lot and the twins loved him and I could tell when he left they were sad but sometimes he visits when I'm not around since he can't be near me because of the hollow.