008.

╔•═════•༺۝༻•═════•╗

╚•═════•༺۝༻•═════•╝

╚•═════•༺۝༻•═════•╝

Valeria was currently sitting on the hallway floor outside of Hope's room just thinking.

She didn't know how something like that could've happened. She tried to go over it time and time again in her head not believing what happened.

She had just gotten off the phone with Klaus who explained the whole thing. She didn't know why she was so upset at Elijah. Maybe she just needed someone to blame other than Hope.

Valeria knew it wasn't their fault, not even hers which it took Kol a while to convince her it wasn't.

When Hope arrived she was in Valerie's arms asleep. Valeria wanted her to continue sleeping for a while. She needed to prepare to tell her what happened to Hayley since she didn't know yet.

Valeria kept going over how she was going to tell her she didn't have the words to tell someone their mother was dead but she had to.

Damon was currently walking down the hall. Valeria didn't even bother to turn and look; she just waited until he was sitting next to her then he was quickly joined by Stefan who sat in front of them on the floor.

"You guys don't have to be here, you can go home," Valeria told them.

"Absolutely not" Damon replied and pulled out a bottle of bourbon placing it in the space in between them on the floor. "Kol got us a plane ticket too we will be there with you"

"What about the rest?" Valeria asked, looking up to them.

"They're going to stay, the school still needs people here but we're going. What was not enough for you?" Stefan tapped the girl's knee making her chuckle.

"Thank you" she said softly, giving them both a slight smile.

"So shall we drown our sorrows?" Damon put up the bottle of bourbon.

"Damon I can't be drunk Hope could wake up" she countered, eyeing the bottle.

"I know which is why I got something to wash it down" he then pulled out a bag of blood. "And last time I checked it's past twelve and you know I can't pass a celebration"

"Even if you have human tolerance now?" Valeria raised her brows watching as Damon poured the bourbon into the cups and passed it to her and another to Stefan.

"It's still pretty high" Damon winked at her and raised his glass out. "Probably shouldn't mention it since it's really embarrassing"

"Yeah don't" Valeria said and raised her cup too. "To Hayley"

"To Hayley" Stefan raised his glass and clinked it with them then they all brought it up to their lips taking a drink.

There was a long pause, everyone having different thoughts in their head which they chose to keep to themselves until Valeria broke the silence.