Chapter Six

A One-Sided First Date

Bondita was looking out of the window quite disturbed by Anirudh's whistling, when she saw their destination.

He had taken her to the newly opened coffee shop in Tulsipur. A place that had made Trilochon quite angry as a lot of couples used to go there. Which he thought as a sin. He may even wish to drown the place in Ganga Jal to purify it.

It was quite an expensive place. She was looking blankly at the signboard, when Anirudh had quickly indicated her to get out of the car.

As she stood next to him, he swiftly took her hands firmly in his hold and took her inside the cafe.

As they sat down on their seats, she was in a daze, until the aroma of coffee and something savory reached her nose.

Anirudh had already ordered for them. "Bondita here drink it, it is a special type of coffee they drink in London. You will really like it"-he said oblivious to her state of mind.

Bondita tasted the coffee and it was quite good but it wasn't something that she liked the taste of. Moreover, she was uncomfortable at this place.

As there was a lot of couples there. A few of them were even looking at them. "What was Patibabu even thinking? What if kakasasur ji got to know about their trip? He won't spare us"-she thought with a grimace.

"Patibabu, we should leave from here"- Bondita's Statement stunned Anirudh. As this place was something he heard a lot about from his colleagues. When he was researching about places for their first date.

"Why Bondita? Is there any problem? Are you uncomfortable?"-Bondita nearly smiled at him forgetting their circumstances. He cared a lot for her. "His Responsibility", she thought.

"Actually Patibabu, kakasasur ji wouldn't like it, if he got to know about our trip here. Moreover, Batuk and Somnath Dada would feel bad if we tell them that we've been here without them, let's do one thing, let's get them something good. Hmm..Patibabu"-Anirudh was stunned listening to Bondita.

Here he was, at a romantic date with his wife. And there she was, getting concerned for his family members.

At times, he loved her concern for his family. But her extreme pampering of them made him irritated too. As he believed, she gave his share of time to his family.

What he didn't know was, Bondita was extremely grateful to his family as they had stood up for her during his second marriage. She had an immense amount of gratitude towards them. So, she over pampered them always in order to get rid of the guilt that; they had taken a stand for her at her lowest against their own.

She didn't have any money or property after her father's death. As it was snatched from her cruelly by her Thakumaa and her uncle. In their greed and orthodoxic behaviour they had thrown them out of her father's home.

She always craved for a home that was her own. And the Roy Chowdhury Haveli had became her home. Not because of Anirudh but because of his family. Who wasn't the biggest fan of her at first but now was her greatest support system.

Bondita's 'over caring' nature towards the family was the only way she could repay them, according to her.

"Bondita..Bondita, fine; we'll get them something okay. Now can you please focus on me. This is our time"- Anirudh loved the flush on her creamy cheeks at his words. Honestly, he loved to make her blush. It had became his favourite occupation these days.

Bondita blushed despite not wanting to. These days his blunt flirting caused her walls to crumble a little bit. And it scared her a lot. She didn't want to again get tangled up in her 'Attraction' for him. Bondita took a deep breath and engaged him into a conversation to distract him from her. Unknown to the jealousy Anirudh was about to show.