Chapter Fourteen

The First Day Of Practice

Anirudh didn't know, how he was controlling himself from telling Bondita his exact feelings about the dance competition.

He was having a battle within himself as his two personalities were fighting with each other constantly.

He knew, he would cheer for her a lot as he shikshak (Teacher) but at the same time his heart would bleed too much as her husband. His insecurities were building up today for many reasons and Kaka's decision to allow her to dance made him feel even worse.

He wanted to see Bondita flying in the sky and he knew at the dance, she would be praised a lot by the dignitaries and it would open new doors for her but he was having a hard time envisioning her dance with Uday at the competition.

Trilochon and Batuk had decided to put as much ghee (clarified butter) on the fire of his jealousy as possible but they didn't know, it was going to prove fatal.

Uday was very happy. For he was going to dance with his Bondu today. He had fallen for her from the first day of his school in Tulsipur.

He had admired her courage, bravery and the way she had stood up to the bullies, who were teasing her. He was glad to get the opportunity to know her further. He liked her a lot but was heartbroken to know that she was married. At first he had admired her husband for saving her from 'Sati Pratha' but hated him after learning, why the seniors were bullying her.

He felt protective about her always but it was after his 16th birthday that he had realized, he was in love with her but her married status prevented him from ever confessing to her for he knew Bondita would have cut him off from her life, in order to save both of them from further pain.

He knew she would never be his but he was happy to admire her from afar. He was happy to love her and pray for her happiness from afar.

But now that, he had got a chance to dance with her like in his dreams; he knew he was going to cherish every moment of this. For he knew, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity for him.

He just hoped, Anirudh Roy Chowdhury didn't ruin this beautiful dream turned reality of his.

Anirudh had come to the room last night quite late, after Bondita had fallen asleep. He didn't wake her up and had quitely stared at her angelic face for a long time before falling asleep in his side of the bed.

His dreams that night had consisted of Bondita's smile, while she explored an unknown Riverside with him. In his dream, he was chasing her. while she was running away from him laughing loudly in the time of sunset.

His mood was a little better the next day after such a beautiful dream. He had even devised a plan to keep an watch on that boy.

Bondita was worried for his  behaviour as in the morning he was whistling quite loudly.

And she had a bad premonition in her heart for the future.

As Bondita was settling up the breakfast in the dining table, Somnath was the first to come in.

"Boudi, are you excited to dance like the Britishers in the movie that Baba had taken us to watch? I know you loved the dance in the film. Are you feeling happy today to fulfill your dream?"-Somnath's question had made Bondita feel giddy with excitement for the dance. As it was a dream come true moment for her.

She had always loved dancing and she relished in the opportunity to get the appreciation for her dance. This competition was a once in a lifetime opportunity for her as she had consoled herself by thinking that she will never share such a dance with her husband.