Chapter Twelve

First Time Sharing Room Part-2

Anirudh was busy reviewing a case on the newly installed study table of his new room, when he heard the sounds of Bondita's anklets. They were chiming beautifully creating a sound that was soothing his ears. But the sound of them were quite low. As if she was deliberately delaying her entrance in their room.

He in a way understood Bondita's hesitation to share a room with him. She was a young girl, who was going though many bodily changes still and the changes made her shy to male gaze even if that gaze belonged to her husband.

Besides, Anirudh and her relationship was not the type to be comfortable about crossing all the barriers of discomfort yet.

But still, her hesitation to share the things that she hated or loved with her Patibabu; made him extremely angry at her reluctance and Zid (stubbornness).

He wanted Bondita to share her every bit of discomfort with him. He wanted to know all of her activities and the changes that she was going though. But her reluctance made him sulk inwardly.

His trance got broken, when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in, Bondita",-He said while frowning at her show of formality. She didn't need to do it, he thought internally. And at that moment, his decision made perfect sense to him.

Bondita was dillydallying to be honest. As she was extremely nervous about entering the room.

She had spent time with Batuk, kakasasur ji as well as koyeli in the hopes, that he will fall asleep but her all hopes were crushed, when she realized that he was still up waiting for her.

She didn't want to face him as her shyness was preventing her from being in a same room with him.

She slowly entered the room after his permission and immediately wished that she didn't.

As she was subjected to his long lecture.

"Bondita, this is the first and last time I'll tell you, you don't need my permission to enter your own room. This room from tonight belongs to both of us. And neither I nor you will show such Pretence of formality. Of course, we'll respect each other's privacy as well as personal space and if you are in the middle of something in the room, I will wait outside and vice versa. But under no circumstances, we'll drift away from each other Bondita. I mean it, when I say that, we'll both learn everything about each other in a new way. All I am asking you is to accept this change wholeheartedly and not with hesitation"-his words had successfully numbed her feelings. She didn't know how to reply to him so she mutely nodded at him only.

"Patibabu, I need to change into my night saree.. So I am going to the washroom"-Bondita hurriedly said to her husband before quickly departing towards the washroom, after taking her clothes from the cupboard. But she in her hurry took a piece of cloth that nearly blew his mind.

Meanwhile, Anirudh returned to reviewing his case file, all the while chuckling at his wife's nervousness regarding him.

But he didn't say anything else to her as he knew, it would take both of them time to get over their hesitation. Even, he was feeling shy to face her today after his Kaka's words.

It's not that he didn't want children with his Bondita. But he didn't even want the idea to enter his mind until after her college graduation. Besides, she was still a baby to him.

Bondita repeatedly splashed water on her face to calm herself down. She quickly completed her night rituals and started applying a British cream that she had gotten from the bazar a month back and applying a Chapstick to prevent her lips from chaffing.