Chapter Thirty One

Going to the Bank

(I have changed a few things regarding the Manorama track. So, don't bash me if they appear different than the original).

Bondita saw Anirudh hanging up the phone after confirming their appointment at the bank with the senior manager.

Her moral side was having a hard time accepting Anirudh's plan of reaching out to judge Stevens. A part of her that was still idealistic to the core wanted to win this on her own. But a darker part of her heart agreed with Anirudh's careful approach to the situation.

"Patibabu, apnar mone hoy judge er sathe kotha na bolai valo. Apni court r ukil. Jodi kichu somossa hoy apnar kaj e? Amar jonno apnar koshto hole kaj e (Patibabu, I think it's better that you don't speak with the judge. You are a lawyer of the court. What if it causes a problem in your work? What if you face any problems at work due to me)?"-Anirudh looked at her for a few seconds before looking down and reading the paper in his hands.

He wanted to make her understand the importance, she held in his life by talking with her. He wanted to stop listening to her words about how much she was troubling him.

It hurt him deeply everytime, she uttered such things. Because for Anirudh Roy Chowdhury, his Bondita was his epitome of happiness.

"Patibabu, why are you ignoring me? I don't want you to get in trouble..."-Bondita spoke in a whiny tone at his ignorance.

She wanted to have his full attention on her only. Not on some papers that didn't have any soul in them.

"Bondita, come here."-She looked at him and walked towards him. Resisting the urge to sit in his lap.

Anirudh saw her looking at his face a few times and looking away frowning. He couldn't understand her reason of doing so but felt a disappointment within himself at her actions.

"Patibabu, what time will we leave for the bank?"-He blinked his eyes in confusion at her sudden change of topic.

"I know what you are trying to do.."-She squirmed a little and tried to look away but Anirudh held her hands. She didn't even realise, when he had reached her side.

She felt a delicious shiver in her body at his touch. Her heartbeats rose and her mouth felt dry as his hands held her own tighter. Anirudh had stood in front of Bondita, covering her frame completely with his own.

Anirudh's lips twitched in sheer delight at Bondita's reaction to his touch. It made him more inclined to try it once again. He wanted to increase their closeness and hold her waist to see her reaction to his touch. He wanted to lightly graze her cheeks with his own to see her blush.

Maybe, he just wanted to touch her neck torturously and see her blush furiously. He wanted to see a real reaction on her face and not a reaction that she always presented to others.

"Patibabu, move away."-Anirudh came more closer to her at her words. His actions igniting her heart to just caress his forehead lovingly.

Maybe, balancing herself on his feet to gaze at him more closely. To see his every feature more closely.

"The books of English love stories that you read with Batuk have scenes like this, Right? Don't you ever want to put those words and scenes into practical use with me?"-His voice had turned a little deeper with unsaid emotions as he said those words.

Anirudh had hated those type of books that Batuk and Bondita read. He had half a mind to chastise both of them throughly. But had stopped at the last moment. At their age, he wasn't doing any better. In London, he had enjoyed his fair share of romantic novels. And some of them were more explicit than theirs.