Chapter Nineteen

The Day of Sports

Anirudh walked into the room expecting to have a long chat with Bondita but found her to be doing her skincare routine, that she had recently started a month back.

Baffling him, for she didn't need to do anything extra to her skin according to him.

But it was her body and he didn't say anything to her.

Bondita had just started applying lotion on her hands, when Anirudh had walked in. Anirudh sighed a little at the extreme measures that she was taking these days at her own skincare routine.

And a part of him wondered, whether it was done for the sake of that boy. He knew that, he had no right to think like that but the beast that was jealous inside of him made him think of a lot of scenarios that exhausted him into craziness regarding his Bondita.

"Bondita, from next time tell me, when your products are gonna finish. I'll order your products along with mine. You don't need to visit bazar yourself for these items"-Anirudh didn't know what made him say these words but he just wanted a conversation with her.

And he knew that Bondita wouldn't even open her mouth in front of him, if he didn't initiate the conversation these days.

Bondita was startled out of the stupor she was in, thinking of her dance competition. She was in the throes of ectasy thinking of the dress and the dance that will make everyone envy her.

So, Anirudh's sudden declaration made her a little irritated but she composed herself and answered him.

"Patibabu, I can buy the products myself. You don't need to trouble yourself for me. You are already doing so much"-Anirudh frowned at the words uttered by her and was about to say something but just thought to change the topic.

"Bondita, there is still time before bed. Do you want to go to the rooftop with me to spend some time?"-he asked her hopefully for he wanted to discuss some topics with her regarding her college. He was thinking of applying in the newly made Deenpur law college and the prestigious colleges in Kolkata for her education as well.

He wanted her to study in England for a long time but there was this selfish husband inside of him rising recently, that wanted to keep her close and watch over her these days.

Also, he wanted her to understand the situation of the cases by her own eyes in courts of their country. If she came here after studying in London, then it would take her a long time to acclimatize herself with the lawyers here. But if she from the first year, assisted him in the cases at the court of Deenpur, then it would help her to create an identity of her own here among the Barristers. He wanted her to not face too much issues at the hands of the misogynist lawyers like a few of his colleagues he had the displeasure of working with.

But he wanted to discuss this matter with Bondita and get her approval first.

He had already taken decisions about her life on his own and was still suffering because of it. And that was why, he wanted to get her approval first and foremost this time.

"Patibabu, we can see the moon from here as well and talk if we need to. But we should sleep early for tomorrow Batuk will compete in school and Uday has his hockey match too"-Anirudh frowned at her polite but well strategized refusal and just sighed at his fate.

They both got ready to sleep and Anirudh fell into an uneasy sleep at Bondita's behaviour about everything.

At times, she behaved extremely shy with him and at times her coldness made him scared about her thoughts regarding their marriage.

He didn't know, how to remedy it all!

"Batuk, don't worry at all. You'll win this."-Bondita told a nervous Batuk and he just nodded at her in nervousness.