Chapter Thirteen

Breaking The News

Bondita as well as Batuk had spent the rest of the school time in tension as they knew Trilochon was going to have a massive reaction in regard to his bahu dancing with someone else in public so intimately in his eyes.

As soon as the school bell had rang, Bondita and Batuk ran to the School gates go away and tackle the news at home as soon as possible.

They had completely forgotten that Anirudh was going to pick them up today. So, as soon as they went out they saw him leaning on the car's bonnet awaiting their arrival in his handsome avatar.

Bondita gulped nervously seeing him. While Anirudh grinned at her as he felt his all exhaustion go away after seeing her enchanting face.

He had arrived just five minutes back to school. But his grin quickly vanished seeing the grim expression on Bondita's face.

He was about to talk with her, when Uday did caught up to her and held her hand.

Batuk looked at his brother and smirked at his expression of pure jealousy. Anirudh looked like he was going to burst or hit someone.

Bondita was startled, when Uday held her hand. She knew he wanted to talk about their practices but she didn't want to discuss it before having a talk with her family.

"Bondu, when are we gonna start practicing? Should we start from tomorrow after school or..."-Bondita shushed him up before he could utter anything else. For she didn't want Anirudh to hear him.

Anirudh had fumed when Uday called her Bondu and held her hands so affectionately. He hated seeing her talking so freely with him and behaving in such friendly manner.

"How dare he call my Bondita Bondu??And what practice are they talking about"-he thought to himself and frowned. There was a pit of jealousy growing in his stomach.

And he couldn't see their interaction any longer.

Bondita was about to answer him, when Anirudh had walked up to them and said in a no nonsense, non negotiable tone,

"Bondita, we are getting late. We should move. 'We' will see you later Uday"-he gave a bright smile to him walked off. While Uday also fumed at him.

And Bondita quickly walked off as well following Anirudh, after telling him to wait for her to break the news to her family first.

In the car, both of the teen-agers were very silent. Not even Batuk had initiated a conversation yet. For Anirudh, that was a surprise as his little brother always grabbed the chance to chat with him on the car and making his ears bleed.

He could sense that something was wrong. But he waited for them to tell it to him themselves.

But, he didn't cross questioned them for he was still seething from Uday holding Bondita's hand and talking with her so intimately.

It's not that he didn't trust her. But he didn't trust the boy and Anirudh's main insecurity came from himself.

He knew their age gap was quite a bit. And that age gap had the power to drive a wedge between them. And Bondita talking or laughing with a boy so close to her own age only reminded him of his recent distance with her. He was also reminded of his own fragile beginnings of Marriage.

Even though, she was a little child, his closeness with Saudamini was wrong to Anirudh.

He could see the same type of affection between them both but prayed that Bondita doesn't mistake it for love.

"Maybe karma is punishing me"-Anirudh thought as they parked outside of the Haveli.

Bondita got out of the car, even before he had parked the car properly. Like she was a criminal running away from people, who were running after her.