Chapter Seven

The shocked Roy Chowdhury's

Trilochon was pacing up in the living room of the Haveli while the rest of the family looked at him like he had gone mad.

He was behaving as if Anirudh had taken Bondita somewhere to finish her off. He really considered him a monster in the case of his "Bondita bahu".

"Kaka, I don't think dada would have told you about their outing if he wanted to kill her. So, please stop behaving like this and sit down"-Batuk's words made no effect on Trilochon, while Somnath slapped the back of Batuk's head.

Honestly, Binoy believed his da to have gone mad but the way there was no sign of them even after sunset made him a little worried for his Bondita bahu too.

Binoy wasn't the biggest fan of Bondita before. But the way, she took care of him 3 years back after his accident made him love her like a daughter.

She stayed with him at the hospital along with Trilochon. She took care of his food, medicine along with every other need as Sampoorna wasn't there at home then.

She just for the sake of his health took 2 months leave from school after having a shouting match with Anirudh for three days just to take care of him as she knew the men in the family wouldn't be able to take care of him at all.

Anirudh was quite upset at her then but she had paid no head to him and that was the start of Bondita being away from Anirudh.

Because at that time, she had got to know about his letters to Saudamini that he had written at the beginning of their marriage as well as his love at first sight for Manorama.

All of it made her firm on her intention to stay away from him as much as she could. As she knew she would always be his "unwanted responsibility" only.

Binoy's accident then had given her a perfect opportunity to distance herself from Anirudh.

Binoy in those months saw the side of Bondita that his da was proud of.

That was the time when he started considering her the daughter he never had. And today he was equally worried for her but was not showing it that much. Because it would make his family gawk at him like he was a chimpanzee.

The family members soon heard the screeching of the car's tires and understood that Anirudh and Bondita are finally at home.

When they appeared in the doorway, everyone sighed in relief. while Trilochon ran to Bondita completely ignoring Anirudh.

"Bahu, are you okay? Are you hurt? This nalayak didn't hurt you right? He didn't make you cry in public or shout at you in the car right!"-Bondita was stunned at her kakasasur ji's questions, all the while Anirudh was ready to erupt like the volcano that he was.

But he was interrupted by Batuk, Somnath and Binoy.

"Boudi, how could you leave my match in the middle? Am I not the most important person to you? Do you know I nearly lost because you were not there? You know na you are my lucky charm!"-Anirudh fumed hearing his little brother.

"How dare he consider Bondita his lucky charm? She was only his lucky charm"-Anirudh thought with a little jealousy.

And since when did his brother believed in these superstitious things? Completely forgetting that he himself considers Bondita his lucky charm.

Bondita was about to answer Batuk, when she was interrupted by Somnath.

"Boudi, I have a viva tomorrow. Will you prepare my suit for me..please? And make me Tiffin for tomorrow too?"- Somnath's long list of demands were interrupted by Binoy.