Chapter Twenty Three

Warning: Heavy confrontation ahead. I have tweaked some events of the manorama track. So don't come at me with your rotten vegetables and shoes.

The confrontation

Bondita and Anirudh had both been chastised by Trilochon separately. The orthodox bachelor had been extremely frustrated, seeing them avoiding each other with a vigour.

Bondita was avoiding even talking to Anirudh, after her outburst the day before.

It was the next morning but she had spent the night in the kitchen on the excuse of making the mountain of food that was going to be distributed by the Roy Chowdhury family the next day to the temple for the needy, to pray for the well fare of the family members itself.

It was the wish of Sampoorna this time. The words of the reformer had been haunting her the night before. She was afraid of her sister's marriage breaking down due to the fitoor of Anirudh.

It wasn't that she didn't trust him but the way Anirudh had always prioritized the outsiders more than Bondita made her sceptical of him and his actions.

Her selfish motives were there too. She knew that Bondita would always be there for her no matter her past deeds. Because, she was a forgiving soul and her sister.

But she wasn't sure of Anirudh's any other wife doing the same. She could make her even leave everything. And Sampoorna wanted her place secured in the haveli, no matter what.

"Bahu, is there any problem between you both? You didn't even go to your room yesterday. You spent the entire day here. I am your kaka sasur ji na, you can tell me anything."-Bondita internally scoffed but then immediately chastised herself for doing so.

She had no right to to do so but she still somewhere wasn't able to forgive the ideas of Trilochon. And a dark part of her mind always reminded her that he only tolerated her due to her having no place to go to and because wanted a grandchild from her specifically due to her excellent lineage.

She had no idea of his change of heart. Trilochon's change of heart was something, she was probably subconsciously or unconsciously ignoring.

She didn't want to fall in the trap of trying to be his nephew's perfect wife or an unwilling wife again.

Bondita plastered a fake smile on her face and answered Trilochon that she was perfectly alright and no, nothing was troubling her at all.

"Kaka sasur ji, nothing of that sort has happened between us both. Pati babu and I are completely fine."-she didn't disclose anything to him this time as she didn't want any interference from anyone.

Anirudh was trying to wreck his mind, about Bondita uttering those words. He didn't know, how to ask her about her source of words.

He had this fear gnawing at his soul about Bondita finding out about his stupid writings in the diary. But he was still trying to calm himself down to not let himself down with that possibility.

"Bondita, may I talk to you for a minute?"-he asked her unexpectedly at noon, a time when all the others were resting and he was supposed to be in his study reviewing files.

Bondita had been in the middle of her chemistry revision, when her husband distracted her.

She felt herself panicking at his sudden intrusion. She didn't want to remember her stupidity in front of him. She wanted to forget everything related to yesterday afternoon.