Chapter Eighteen

The Day of Batuk

Batuk was preparing for this competition for the last week with vigour. Both Trilochon and Bondita were pampering him too much. Feeding him milk with nuts and sometimes turmeric, almost 3 times a day and everything possible almost ignoring others. Making everyone else exasperated in jealousy and irritation.

Milk was being wasted on him so much that Anirudh's coffee and Somnath's new obsession Darjeeling tea had became substances without milk.

Moreover, Trilochon was going to various Baba's and giving him many good miraculous items that made Anirudh scoff at his orthodoxic behaviour. He felt irritated with Bondita treating Batuk like, he was their child.

He loved that Bondita gave Batuk the love of a mother but her excessive pampering of him made him jealous and equally pity Batuk's wife for, it will only make the poor girl's life hell by getting a over pampered husband.

"Batuk, finish this plate of food. I have added a lot of butter on it. It will make your bones stronger and I am sure you'll get the first prize..."-Anirudh and Somnath scoffed at Bondita's claim for she was being delusional about her dear friend. Even Binoy was smirking at the antics of their daughter in law and elder brother.

Batuk pouted sadly at their little trust on him and Bondita looked at them with her hands on her hips, ready to defend him.

"Patibabu, Som dada, how can you say this? Batuk is preparing so hard for the competition...Don't you guys see how much hard work, he is doing?? He is literally struggling but not giving up for the sake of his dreams"-Somnath spoke up this time, as he thought his brother was just taking away his share of pampering.

"Boudi, he is only eating our share of food nothing else. Look at his physique and tell me, does he have an ounce of chance to win? He is only good for eating and sleeping"-Trilochon couldn't bear to hear such demotivating words against his favourite son and bursted on them.

"Nalayaks, how dare you to say all this? Have I made you guys starve everyday? You nalayaks have became so depraved that you both have started putting Nazar on your brother's food now! You both are useless like your father...Anirudh is a useless fitoori and you Somnath is a Nalayak, who only reads stupid medical books all day long.... Apologize to your brother right now"-both of them were a little ashamed of themselves but Batuk had already became upset and got up from the seat startling everyone.

"Dada, I may not be as famous as Anirudh dada or as intelligent as you Som dada. But I am trying and I know I am not good enough in your eyes but please you don't need to demotivate me, every time I attempt to do something "-the table at this point was very silent and suddenly Anirudh and Somnath along with everyone understood, Bondita's extreme pampering of him.

She knew, he saw himself as less and had issues regarding it. And that was why, she tried to love him more like a mother and give him everything on a plate. Maybe, her ways were wrong but it was the only thing, she thought to be good.

"Bechara ke kadalen to apnara (You guys made the poor dear cry). We were trying so hard to motivate him but you both.....Now, both of you go to the shops and buy his favourite items for him quickly.... it'll make him forgive you sooner.... kakasasur ji, I am taking his food to his room...What are you both waiting for go right now"-she told them in a no nonsense tone and both of them went to the car in a hurry as they equally felt guilty about everything. And wanted to pacify their brother before his departure to school.

"Batuk, may I come in?"-Bondita gently knocked in his door and Batuk in a scruffy tone, that clearly Indicated his crying said.

"Please, boudi, I want to be alone...Go away"-Bondita didn't listen to his words and entered his room, making a beautiful sound of her payal.