Chapter 11

Chapter 11

BLANDINE walked back to the pavilion. And she was startled when she realized the emperor was still there.

Right, he was watching her every move. Did he perhaps hear their conversation? Then, why is he acting cold and weird? He's just staring at her as if she's the only piece to stare at the pavilion.

Blandine felt her cheeks burned once again, she bowed to hid her red tinted face, "T—thank you, my lord, for letting me see him off."

The emperor slowly walked towards her. Her heart began to thump loud again. And it raced to its fastest pace when he fondled her blushing cheeks all of a sudden.

"Have you decided on what would you give me in return?" He asked in a very low tone, it was almost a husky whisper, his hands began to stroke her neck and she whimpered quietly, it moved down to her shoulders, to her hands, slowly up to her neck and back to her face.

"I know that you know exactly what I want, my Lady. Think about it carefully."

And by that, he left her flustered and dumbfounded.

No, she doesn't know. What does he want?

---

SOMETHING'S off.

Like, really, how is this happening to her all of a sudden? She never expected nor thought of sharing a meal with the emperor. Emperor Magnus don't invite someone to eat with him, he never invites someone not on his rank to share a room to eat, not even his official wives.

So receiving an invitation to eat with his majesty is very rare and new. She's a runaway concubine, the most rebelious woman in his harem, why would he pay attention to her and even ask her to join a meal with him?

This is new to her because the truth is they never shared a proper meal before, even in her past lives. Their meals together always turn into chaos and it was never comfortable, so experiencing the solace between them while having breakfast feels so different.

It's been a week since Amias was sent back to Orelia. She's been living quietly until she received an invitation. The emperor is quiet busy nowadays, she heard the palace will be hosting a meeting of all the Dukes in this empire.

And Emperor Magnus's brother which is an emperor too will be paying a visit. That must be why the emperor has not been visiting her pavilion since then, not even once, and that's why he invited her for a meal to plaster their deprived get-together.

The chamber is quiet, only the wind entering the room makes a noise. They're both eating peacefully, and it remained silent until the very last drop of their food. If not for the servants who entered the room, Blandine would have fainted due to awkwardness and silence.

How does he hold such ambiance?

The servants cleaned. The emperor's trusted eunuch entered and bowed, "My Lord... I would like to remind you that Emperor Maximus will be visiting here today."

Emperor Magnus growled and looked at her, "Fuck, is he not doing fine in his empire? Can he just stop bothering me?"

He's talking to the eunuch, why the heck is he looking at her instead? Does she have a smudge? Is she not looking fine? What the hell is his problem? She just averted her gaze at the window to avoid him, but his presence is enough to torture her quietly.

"My lord, your brother cares about you a lot." The eunuch continued, "...and he likes to see your runaway concubine as well. He said he's curious of why you keep on chasing your concubine when you could have all the ladies in this empire."