Chapter 38

Chapter 38

"WILL YOU run away with me?"

"Yes..."

You would wonder what might had happen if you see an emperor running away. Why would the ruler of the land run as if he's being chased if he holds the highest power and authority? He just gotta leave everything behind and go back to his seat. But that wasn't the case for Magnus, he doesn't care at all. He wants Blandine against the world and nothing more. So if running away means having her, then he'll run for his dear life.

He was shaking, his breathing was rapid and uneven. He's exhausted, but he doesn't have the will to stop. He'll continue running, having her in his arms. Even if demise awaits, he'll run away with her. Into the wilds, upon the firmaments, beneath the dark night sky and blinding morning lights, under the twinkling stars and mesmerizing moon, in opposition to the waves in the woods, against everyone, he'll take her with him.

If running is the only thing you could do to be with your beloved, will you choose to continue even if death is ahead? Or give up and surrender? In the Emperor's case, he'll continue. Surrending was never on his page. Giving up was never on his vocabulary. And he'll do anything for her.

The Grand Emperor would be most likely to do anything to separate them. He'll do anything to make Magnus the monster he has always been, but Magnus don't want that kind of life anymore. The Grand Emperor will do anything for Magnus to have his harem again to gain more power and authority. Even if it means taking out the concubine in his life. But no, Magnus don't want a life without his beloved concubine. Not at all.

Amidst the fine large trees and algid wind in the wilds, beneath the darkness and beyond the obscuring forthcome that cannot be prognosticate, two hearts palpitating and trying to survive after being chased literally by everyone. Steeplechasing with the wild waves against the world, he has no plans of stopping.

Even if he's shaking too much, even though he's starting to lose his breathes, he continued chasing nothingness into the wilds just to get away. He could hear his own breathes, and aside from his rapid breathing, he could also hear her cries of agony, sorrow, fear and sadness. She's sobbing since they got away, since he took her out of the small village and carried her into the dark wilds. She did nothing but cry in his arms and beg him to stop. She did nothing but beg him to let her go and continue living a life without her, but for heaven and earth's sake that wouldn't even be the last thing he would ever do if ever he lost his choices and chances——he'll still take her with him no matter what and nothing could change his mind.

"My Lord, please. Just stop. Stop, please!" She faltered, her voice broke upon begging him for several times.

But just as stubborn as he is, his only reply would be; "No, we'll run away. You'll run away with me."

"Please..." She begged once again.

His heart clenched. Blandine is suffering because of him now. It's dark already and they're still running away, and even though he's doing all the run as she's wrapped in his arms, he could still feel her exhaustion. She's tired of running away from everyone, tired from chasing her freedom. His Blandine is drained from the world's doing.

He stopped running to catch his breathes, they hid behind a large tree. He gave her peppering kisses, he kissed her lips hard after catching his breath, and soon he kissed her forehead with unbelievable tears of sadness in his eyes.

"Just... don't say anything. Okay? Please."

And with that, he continued running away again. He ran away until he could no longer tell if the morning is coming already since they were running for so long. His stamina could handle it, this is nothing for him.

Just how cruel could life be? Is this the consequences of his false actions? Why does Blandine needs to be dragged in his mess? He should be the only one suffering, but he can't also leave her alone in that village. Is that selfish of him? Then what must he do? He just want her.

He's starting to feel really tired. He stopped on a tree and sat there to rest.

"My Lord..." She spoke as she caress his face. What a beautiful voice it is, he would never get tired hearing her voice every morning. He'll never get satiated hearing her moan, call, speak his name in different tone and theme.

His heart clenched once again as he stared into the hollow of her agonizing eyes. He cupped her face and held her hands. He gave her a quick kiss on the back of her hands and soon on her lips.

"Blandine, please."

Tears fell from her beautiful emerald eyes, "No, please... just stop. Just take me back to the village. Let's live a life, my Lord."

His heart hammered. This is what he's fearing, her asking him to take her back above all the runs they did. They can't go back now. Not that he can't, but he don't want to. He hugged her tight, as if tomorrow will never come, he hugged her well as if she's his world and she really is. He sniffed her scent, and he'll never get tired smelling her.

"No! I can't live a life without you, Blandine. You know I can't!" He started crying, "I tried baby, I really did and you saw me trying. But please accept the fact that whatever I do, I'll always come back running to you." All his life, he never showed tears to anyone. Even if he was in pain during suffering, wars, he never cried. Even if he lost his comrades, he never even felt sad and agonizing for days and he never cried.

But with this girl, these past days he always finds himself sadly letting his tears go beyond the desperation to have her. He wants her so bad that he's willing to go against the world.

"Magnus..."

He buried his face on her chest to hide his tears, but his voice had always been a traitor as his words cracked, "I'll be down on my knees, I'll crouch on the soil, kiss the floor, I'll do anything to get you. I'll do everything just so I could have you. So, please, don't say anything." He sobbed, and he broke down even more when she hugged him really tight, "I'd rather die than live a miserable life without you. I can't even try to accept if our fate separates us. I can't. My father is trying to separate you from me and I can't allow that. He needs to learn that I can be the most miserable person if you're taken away from me."

She caressed his back, and soon she began sobbing too, "Magnus, we can't live like this. We can't live running away our whole life. I am just your concubine..."

He looked up to her and their teary eyes met. Their orbs danced in excruciating pain and deep sadness, their tears drifted down in exhaustion. He guessed they're the most in love people in the land, and the saddest couple too.

He wiped her tears away forgetting his own tears, "Baby, just don't say anything, okay? You said you'll run away with me right. Let's be together until then, yeah?"

"Magnus..."

"Let's fulfill those words, even if it's the last thing we do." He said and kissed her forehead. "Trust me, just trust me. Okay? I won't let anything happen to you." He whispered without breaking the kiss on her forehead.

"Okay... Okay...."

Then he stood up once again carrying her. He stared at her before glancing at the long wilds and wild roads waiting for them.

He sighed and kissed her lips once again, "I love you, Blandine."

For the first time, Blandine felt the sincerity in those words. His words were real and Blandine felt it.

"I love you, my concubine." Magnus whispered, "Do you trust me?"

"Yes." She responded. And that was his cue to continue running away again.

"That's more than enough for now."

Akala niyo happy ending na? 'Di pa.