Chapter 23

Chapter 23

IT'S been three days since Blandine's discovery of the Emperor's habit of punishing by lashing himself and he is still recovering at his Palace. It has been three days since she last saw him. Her past days were quieter than usual, but it feels so strange now. The cuts from his body is slowly subsiding, considering how deep and swollen the bruises, it'd probably leave a scar. Blandine had no idea he hurts himself everytime he does something bad to her.

All this time, she thought she was the only one hurting, she thought she's the only one in pain. She thought of him as a heartless person, but upon hearing the Oracle and witnessing the Emperor's situation, Blandine had an abrupt change of mind towards the Emperor. It was true, he was merciless and inconsiderate, but she has a fault too for triggering his rage.

Maybe, the Oracle is right indeed. This Magnus is different from the past men who hurt her, she's the only one who's tied in the past because she keeps remembering. Well, it's not her fault at all that she remembers the past, she experienced extreme trauma before to the point where she killed herself thrice. But she realized that she has a fault too, she cannot keep going while putting all the blame to him when she herself was ignorant of the Emperor's true desire behind his actions.

Maybe, he truly did love her, he just do not know how to show it. He grew up from a strict family who doesn't believe in true love, as long as their Mistress bear a son to rule, then it's fine. So probably, Magnus grew up being possessive and obsessed since he got it all. And the only thing he couldn't grasp is her, and that's making him berserk. Nevertheless, nothing justifies his actions towards her before. But atleast now, she somehow understands.

Beneath the early morning beyond the Pavilion, she walked through the wooden bridge amidst the small river. She turned an eye to the gates when she heard rustles, and her eyes dilated in shock as she was literally shocked to see the Emperor's carriage entering the Pavilion.

"Behold, His majesty has arrived." His messenger announced.

What? But he's still recovering!

Blandine immediately walked to the gates to welcome the Emperor who's coming out of the carriage as if he just came from a vacation. He looks fine, he doesn't look hurt at all. Due to his Imperial suit that covers his whole body, his scars were totally concealed. The seriousness of his face totally dominates the place and lurks the pain he's trying to hide successfully.

Blandine bowed immediately and her servants followed.

"Greetings, Your Grace!"

The Emperor scoffed triggering her a bit, "Why do you look so shocked? You don't look happy at all."

Blandine's eyes widened, is he starting to get moody again? She immediately shook her head, defying the Emperor's belief upon her reaction, "It's not that, Your Majesty." She almost choked, good thing she regained her composure immediately, "I mean, you're still recovering from—"

The Emperor slowly walked towards her cutting her off. If she's to do what she did in the past, she'd step back and throw punches against him. But then again, the history will just repeat itself if she continues to hang from her past. So instead of backing out, she stood still on her post and waited for His grace to do his thing.

Blandine thought he'd touch or grab her again, but it was indeed shocking to observe the Emperor stand in front of her like a sulking kid, "I wanted to see you... that's why I'm here."