Chapter 25

Chapter 25
Trigger Warning: Violence

THE TRUTH is he's not happy at all. Magnus was never happy of his life, his status, how everything's going. It's not fine at all. He wished he was not born as a noble, an heir to the fourth empire. He wished he was just born as someone with normal status. It'll favor him if his family banishes him, but unfortunately it was cancelled as he excelled at his own empire.

His chamber has always been surrounded by darkness. Dark aura, menacing presence, ruthless people and even the setting was dark. It's as if there's always something hiding behind the shadows. A prey is lurking beyond the dark. Magnus grew up at the darkest environment, that's what Vassily family is. They're nothing but darkness.

"You must make your people bow before you, make them kneel at your feet. That's what you were made, to be higher than anyone else. And they were born to lick your toes."

4-year-old Magnus together with his three older siblings is receiving another sermon from their father, the Grand Emperor of the main Empire. The old Vassily has always been known as a ruthless and merciless ruler. No one has ever went against their Empire because their presence is domineering.

"If they don't obey, force them. Because what's the use of your authority if you can't let them kneel before you?" His booming voice points nothing but authority and power, "Force them, punish them until they learn! If they still don't obey, kill them with your bare hands. There's nothing more successful to a Kingdom that take things first hand raw."

He is scary, and little Magnus has always been scared of him. How many times did his father hurt him? He lashes him every night and slaps him during the day. He's at the edge of torture, little Magnus is the punching bag of the Vassily family because he's the weakest. And his difference is forcing him to rebel.

"You," The Grand Emperor pointed at the four of them, "are the rulers of these empires. And everyone must bow before you! You will and should never kneel to anyone, they must bow down beneath your mercy." He said almost growling. As if everything that comes out from his mouth matters, "If you can't let your subjects follow you, you're a useless Emperor and you don't deserve the throne! Go die if that happens or I'll kill you myself."

The Grand Vassily's eyes glistened, his lips curved into a smirk. And it only means one thing, the show little Magnus has always hated.

"I'll show you how." The Grand Emperor said pulling a chain ruthlessly, at the edge came out an almost dying man, "Kneel. Lick like a dog." He commanded authoritatively, "Bark."

The man did not do anything and the grand Emperor gritted his teeth in anger, "You won't?"

With shaking body, the man begged for his life, "Spare me, Grand Emperor, my Lord, our majesty..."

"Bark,"

And just that, the man's voice echoed in the dark room of despair, "Aww! Rawr!"

"That's a good dog." There was satisfaction in the grand Emperor's face, "See. That's how you tame people, do you understand?"

"Yes, father." The Vassily siblings said in chorus, that includes little Magnus.

"Now, it's time for you to tame these imbeciles who dared to defy my words." The Grand Emperor said, "Let the prisoners out."

Just then, four more dying prisoners came out being dragged by the sentries. Little Magnus tried his hardest not to puke or else he'll get lashed again. It can't happen, he's too tired for the fifty lashes he received last night.