Chapter 31

Chapter 31

WHAT?

Magnus never felt this nervous. It's as if a line between life and death has been drawn as the Grand Emperor asked him to tell about Blandine. He began sweating secretly, he smells danger. He trembles behind his thick Imperial suit, his bruises and scars hurt yet it was never sufficient to make him shake. But upon hearing his father, Magnus couldn't help but quake.

Is Blandine in danger?

No, there's no way he could tell the Grand Emperor that his concubine is the reason of his realizations lately. Because of her, he realize his wrong doings, and that he don't want to do such thing anymore. Magnus is sure the Vassilys will punish him until he become the monster they made him again.

Beyond all magnificence, above all glory, behind the grandeur, they're merciless, ruthless, soulless, remorseless. They don't admit and realize their mistakes, they don't apologize, they're mighty so they don't bow to anyone. And if they do, they're not fitted for the throne. And Magnus is literally on the line of trouble, he's in verge of falling from a thin thread.

They don't love... So how could he possibly love when he didn't experienced it firsthand? He don't know what love is, how to do it, how to show it, because he never had it in the first place. Magnus never experienced being loved, all he know is how to own something when they took a liking on it. They need to use force or else they'll lose it. They gotta chain it as much as possible to not let it escape. That's how they own something by force.

But everything went wrong when he did such to Blandine, and the woman just made him realized that something's lacking and his beliefs and learnings from childhood about owning something is wrong. He did her wrong, and he's remorseful for his actions that conflicts the rules of the Vassilys. Something's wrong and he couldn't figure it out yet. She's the bridge for the new him, so how could he possibly tell his father about her when it all contradicts their family's rules.

"Father..."

There's no way he could tell that Blandine is the kid from his childhood who became the witness of his mercilessness, yet the witness as well that he still has a heart. He's the only Vassily who refused to kill, however, upon demand he ended up being the demon the Vassilys has always been.

Is it really possible for a Vassily to feel regret?

He regrets doing bad things to her, he'll make everything up to her for the rest of his life. But what is happening? It seems like the world condemns the Vassily family from doing good things. This is hard, for the first time in the history, a Vassily is having a hard time.

But yeah, he can't lie about her too. No matter what his father do, he'll be there to protect Blandine. He'll never lie about her, he did worse, he couldn't possibly harm her again. He'll protect her no matter what, even if it puts his life on the line. This feeling was never taught to them, this is his first time, and he's having a hard time figuring things out.

"She's my favorite." Magnus said.

The troubled place became tense once again as the Grand Emperor remained silent.

Magnus couldn't back out now, he continued, "She's my favorite girl."

The Grand Emperor looked disappointed, "Is that all?"

Magnus tried so hard to hide his quaking body, "My favorite wife."

He can't back out now no matter what they do. He'll just protect Blandine if the Grand Emperor do something unpleasant. He'll not allow it. If it means death for him, then so be it. He deserves all the pain to death, this is probably the best ending for him.

"My favorite person." he continued, "I've done worse things to her, I don't deserve her forgiveness. I don't deserve her at all and I should be stopping now to let her breathe. But I can't."

The two other Emperors in the chamber were taken aback as Magnus continued. They look so shocked, shaken and disgusted with his behavior and words. They're disappointed.

"She's my life." Magnus gripped his suit as he saw Massimo secretly pulled its sword, it was a dangerous situation and yet he continued, "I'm so obsessed I don't know if I could get rid of this obsession at all. She's like my oxygen, I'd find it hard to breathe if she's to be taken away. It'd kill me."

Emperor Massimo was about to pull the sword but the Grand Emperor stopped him. Magnus silently sighed in relief as he continued, "No, I'd kill myself. I don't deserve her, but I want to be a better man to deserve her."

He's in trouble. He's in serious trouble. They're silent and there's no way they will leave this here. Something's wrong.

Magnus bravely stared at his father's eyes, "If you're planning something, please don't do it father." he looked down, "She's so precious to me."

It took a minute of silence before Magnus continued, "I want her to bear my heir."

The Grand Emperor finally spoke triggering the chamber, "What?"

"I want to impregnate her." Magnus bravely answered, "Our child will be the heir."

The Grand Emperor's face darkened, "Magnus. Do you realize what you're saying right now?"

"She's the only wife I've ever fucked."

And that's it for the day as the Grand Emperor stood up angrily, "Wish you don't regret this, Maximiliano."

It was so unpleasant to hear, his second name. The Grand Emperor left upon stating his second name sign that he's mad. And that only means one thing, further trouble.

Emperor Massimo stood up as well to leave the chamber, "You big dumb fuck."

Magnus looked down, however he spat back, "Can't wait 'till your doom arrives too."

Emperor Massimo stopped for a moment to stare at him with disgusted look, "You fucking wish, I'm not like you. I'm not weak. I don't need a woman to satisfy me and make me lose my sanity."

Magnus may look fine and tough, but everything hurts.

***

THE NIGHT finally came and Magnus secretly sneaked into Blandine's pavilion. There's nothing more tiring and depressing than having a conversation with the same persons as him. Magnus is really tired and there's only one person to cure his headache caused by his family.

Unfortunately, Blandine is already sleeping. The servants were about to wake the Lady but he stopped them. Blandine deserves a rest and he won't be a hindrance to it. He just silently stared at her sleeping face. She looks so peaceful, she's his serenity and he has decided.

He will protect her at all cost.