Chapter 29

Chapter 29

"I'M trying to fight for my own life! I'm trying to escape for my own freedom! My family could still strive without me in their circle, but I will forever regret if I don't chase the freedom I've always wanted to have!" Blandine screamed her heart out shocking the elder. Right, get shocked for all he want but Blandine won't back away just like what she do back then whenever she gets blamed.

People might think the Orelias are soft people because she is, but that's not it. Eversince Blandine was a kid, she was treated like a puppet. She actually never felt how is it to be a daughter, she's more like an expensive doll for the family. She hated her childhood, it caused her so much pain to the point that she chose to forget some events. She's sure she'd seen one worse back then, but her determination to forget the pain made her forget some of her childhood memories.

The Orelias don't like bloodshed unlike the Vassily clan. However, they're not innocent as what people thought they were. They are manipulative, and Blandine lived her life being a puppet. She even had to be a concubine against her will. She followed everything her parents tell her to do, but commiting herself to someone is different. She's not yet ready to set things aside and give herself to a ruthless man so she tried to escape. However, she was unsuccessful.

Blandine's life is painful. She has a lot of reasons to rebel, to escape, because it hurts and her poor heart couldn't take it. Whatever she does, she had to make sure it's for the family. She needs to make sure that it benefits the Orelias. She had always been the good daughter who always follow her parents, so when she asked for the thing she wants for the first time and they deprived her freedom instead, she rebelled and tried to escape. Little did she know that it would be the start of her worst days, the beginning of her chaos.

The oracle from before gave her a realization that she lacks consideration too. But she's never at fault, no, her form of defense by saying no  and opposing the Emperor or everyone don't make her at fault. They're being coercive. If only they listen to her for atleast once, if only. Life fucked her up, and now it's happening again. The elder is putting all the blame to her making her the playing victim when she's actually the victim all along.

"I'm stubborn because that's my way of defending my self! I say no because I don't want it to happen. Everyone has been forcing me to do things I don't even like. So I oppose, I'm stubborn as you say because it means I don't want to do it! But all of you are being forceful, and at the bottomline it's me who gets tortured! And at the end of the day, it's me again who gets the blame!" She cried, her wails crossed the corners of the room. It's loud that it might even echo through the halls.

It hurts, it's so painful.

"Why? Why do people blame the victims? They're traumatized, they don't need your judgement, they want peace! You can educate them nicely, why say harsh words when they're in the process of learning and healing? What are you doing to me? Why are you blaming me? I'm not an idiot, I'm not selfish, I'm not a slut, I'm not what you say I am. I am a woman who's trying to fight for her right." She almost crawled at the mattress. Her chest hurts so much, it's so heavy. "I'm also human. I'm chasing my dreams, elder. I'm chasing the thing I always wanted but never had."

The elder fell quiet and Blandine totally fell on her knees weakly. She gripped her chest as she tried to calm herself down. Her breathes were heavy and uneven, she might even pass out again.

"Freedom, sir. I never had it, I tried to have it but life fucked me up and I was caged instead. Now my life is ruined..." She sobbed. Her memories are flashing before her eyes fast, it's making her in shambles and it's agonizing.