Chapter 32

Chapter 32

IT'S EARLY in the morning but her pavilion is busier than ever. Looks like something's up without her knowledge. The servants looks troubled. Blandine confusedly stared at the servants running around fixing and preparing things.

She held one servant, "What's going on?"

The servant bowed, "My Lady, please prepare yourself. The Grand Emperor is on his way here."

What?

Wait, what? For real?

***

BLANDINE was never this shaken for a visitor. Not even Magnus troubled her for visiting before. Only the Grand Emperor made everyone this busy. Blandine was immediately fixed into a fine fancy concubine as they waited for the Grand Emperor.

What's wrong? Why is he here? Did something happen?

The gates opened and everyone tried to hold themselves as the Grand Emperor stepped into the pavilion in his majestic suit.

"All hail to the Grand Emperor! Show respect to his majesty."

They all bowed down on the ground including Blandine. Their faces touched the grass to show their utmost respect to the Grand Emperor, to the father of the four Vassily emperors.

Blandine's nervousness crawled all over her body when the Grand Emperor stopped and stood right in front of her. She remained on the ground and she silently trembled, "Y-your highness!" she almost choked, "I don't deserve your grace. What did I do for you to visit a low person like me?"

"Get up." was the Grand Emperor's reply.

Blandine immediately got up and followed the Emperor inside her pavilion as if he owned the place, "Your highness."

As they went inside a chamber, Blandine took the whip courage in her to open a conversation unless she wants to die due to the pressure brought by silence itself, "What brings you here, your highness? I believe I'm too low for you to spend a moment.

The Grand Emperor raised a brow making Blandine's heart throb, "Which clan are you from?"

"I-I'm from the Orelia clan."

"And how did you end up here?"

He sounded so disgusted at her status. As if questioning how did Magnus came to like her and even chased a lowlife like her. The Vassilys are everything a bad person is, atleast for Blandine. They're manipulative and Blandine could feel that any moment from now, she'll be in the Grand Emperor's hands.

"I was betrothed to his grace the Emperor, your highness."

"Tell me, are you feeling forced here?"

What? Blandine's eyes widened as she tried to make an eye contact with the Grand Emperor. Is he testing her? What would be her best answer? What answer would he like? Oh no, Blandine is in trouble. This is bad, she feels like she's about to faint.

"Your highness, that's--"

The Grand Emperor raised his voice triggering Blandine, "Tell me what you want concubine and I'll give it to you." He said, "Tell me."