Chapter 36

Chapter 36

IT'S NOT even funny anymore how long have they been searching for Blandine. Another week had pass after Magnus began to seek again, presumably seven weeks already passed since Blandine left and yet no signs of the said concubine. Magnus is really anxious and drained now, it's like the root of his strength has been taken away as well. She is his strength, he's in denial before but he can never deny it now.

She is his everything. His strength, his peace, his serenity, his obsession, his property, his life, his love. He understand things now, he finally understand life and love now. So he can finally make good decisions and actions. He's been realizing things, and he can't wait to shower it to her once he finds her. But it's been so long and still he can't find her. He's anxious, depressed and stressed.

Is she doing all right? Is she alive? Of course she is, she can't fucking die! He'll die first before her, that's a promise. And there's no way she's dead. He's going to build a family with her first, they'll be happy with a lot of kids. Blandine will be the happiest woman in the world, he'll make sure of that. He'll give her everything, he'll give her the world, his empire, he'll give Blandine everything she wants.

Their kids will be the rulers of their empire. Blandine will bear his children, a lot of them. He'll build a squad to fight his brothers. He'll make their empires a training ground for their children. He'll make sure they'll live a happy life until they die. He'll make sure of it, he'll make sure Blandine will be happy. He'll repent first, he'll atone for his sins as long as he lives, he still needs to do those so she can't be dead. She needs to be alive or he'll bury himself with her.

They've been rummaging through the woods for the whole week hoping to find Blandine. But unfortunately, the heaven is still concealing her from him. Not far from their post, several unknown sounds could be heard. Magnus immediately jumped into conclusion that it might be Blandine, he even lost the thought that he might get into trouble. He just wanted to run that moment but his royal guard stopped him.

"My Lord, I heard something too." The royal guard said, "But please, let's be careful. We cannot afford to lose you."

But Magnus is stubborn, he stepped down his horse, "It must be her!"

The guards followed, "Please wait, my Lord. I beg you..."

They immediately went to the commotion and unluckily, unfortunately, a group of bandits appeared instead of Blandine. What the heck?

"Bandits!" The royal guard alarmed, "They are bandits, and there are so many of them!"

Magnus’s eyes widened, creep traipsed all over his body, shivers went down his spine when he realized it was a group of bandits! He gripped his sharpest sword. What if Blandine is out there? What if they have her? And those fucking bandits... What if they-- fuck! Magnus couldn't control his turmoil anymore. He's so agitated that he angrily stepped towards the bandits alone.

"My Lord! There are too many of them!" The royal guards tried to stop him, "Please no, please don't--"

"Shut up and don't help me." He yelled alarming everyone especially the bandits. Oh gosh, this is real trouble.

"The Emperor? The Emperor! Big time!" The bandits began their murmurs.

"Fuck you, run! He's the Emperor!" One opposed.

"What? He's all alone and we're a lot!"

"Then let's go!"

Magnus frowned. Looks like they've decided to fight him. Well, bring it on. He can take them all down. They might be hiding Blandine in this area, he needs to find her. But before that, he needs to slaughter these people first. After all, he's craving for blood after being hungry for weeks. He's still a Vassily after all, a true Vassily.