CHAPTER 2| Losses

Lixue burst into his room,his eyes filled with tears. This wasn't fair at all. Why did Tangsan have to leave. Now he was all alone again and his heart just ached so badly he thought he was going to die from the pain.

Why was it always him? Why did the world give him something.... someone who he could easily relate to,and just to take them away from him like that. It wasn't fair. Life wasn't fair. Was this a joke,did the world think this was funny?

He thought about Ji and his group and how they could so easily pick on him again and this time he had no one. He felt sick just thinking about what they could actually do to him now. The feeling of uselessness creeping into his thoughts.

As his mind went back to the previous days he spent with his best friend he burst into fresh tears.

........................... Six days ago was Tangsan 's sixth birthday and Lixue had everything planned out. He knew Tangsan regarded his birthday as just another day but not Lixue. He wanted to make that day special. He was sure that no one and he meant no one actually deliberately intended on not celebrating their birthday. Tangsan was just preoccupied with somethings that's all.

He had already made the arrangements. He used some the wild fruits ,he use to make his grandfather favorite jam, to make a moderate but filled with love fruit cake with the hell of Lima,a sweet old lady that helped with the baking,he even sew him some new clothes as a birthday gift.

Now all that was left was for him to somehow lure the birthday boy to the picnic without him actually knowing.

The idea finally came to him as he got ready to set the plan into action. He rehearsed every single line and began to set it to motion.

Tangsan was by then just about to enter his house when Lixue appeared out of nowhere panting and trying his best to act scared. Tangsan looked at him and just sighed. He knew for a long time what Lixue was planning but just kept quiet as the white haired boy asked him to come with him because he suspected there was a snake under his bed. And maybe Tangsan could help him find it.

Tangsan found himself amused. He knew Lixue couldn't lie even if his life depended on it but this was just something else. Lixue loved animals of all kind and wasn't afraid to be with or touch any of them. He could swear that he had seen Lixue save a snake rat from a group who wanted to harm it. What was even more shocking was the fact that instead of going to his home to find the supposed snake they were headed to a field at the outskirts of the village where a cloth was laid and on top of it was a basket. Tangsan just sat down, doing his very best to avoid the resentment he was feeling.

He really did not like celebrating his birthday. The day reminding him of his loss.

At first Tangsan wasn't too keen about it but as Lixue brought out the cake,he was blow away by the lengths Lixue could go for him. The present that was given him made him frown. When did he get the time to make these clothes.

"Do you like it."A worried Lixue asked as he saw Tangsan look at the gift. He was afraid he may have offended the older boy.

He soon however found himself in a state of shock when Tangsan hugged him.

"Thank you Li" was all it took from Tangsan, for Lixue to understand. Smiling softly he hugged the older boy back.

They stayed like that for a while. Staying in each other's embrace...............................................

Lixue sobbed harder. How he regretted that day. That day was what brought all this pain inside him. That day was what marked their separation.

He loved that day.